Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Most reliable Frig ?

Posted by moonuser (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 12, 12 at 11:30

I've had bad luck with my 8 yr old Maytag, freezer is acting up.

Whats the suggested most reliable brand today ??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Most reliable Frig ?

I love my Jenn-Air. Never had a problem, it's awesome.

o

I would say you should post some more specifics about what you are looking for as I think that question can depend on what you want in a fridge. Are you looking for free standing, built in, etc.? Do you want water on the door, french door, etc.

The more info you post now the better someone can offer a recommendation.

I don't think there is 1 "best" for all refrigerators out there.

o

I often use consumers quide when I want to know how things are rated. You can usually find the copy you want at the library.

o

The most often, highest rated fridge for reliability, by readers of Consumer Reports who respond to the Consumer Reports Surveys, is Jenn-air, and it had been since at least 2005.

That's one of the reasons I bought my 48" built in back in 2005 and so far, with the exception of the ice maker which died after about 5 years, it has been trouble free and very quiet.

At least back in 2005 it offered more features than the well know fancy brand, was at least $3000 less expensive,
and didn't show "gills" at the top. (Back in 2005 you only had about 3 choice if you wanted a built in and paneled 48" Fridge). Nowadays of course, you have a lot more choices, but I would buy the same Exact Thing today, were it available.

The ice maker wasn't a big deal, it was easily changed by me, 3 screws had to be removed to take it out. I saw new ones on Ebay etc for as little as $63, but not wanting to take a chance, I bought it from Jenn-air for $150--New one works great!

Gary

o

I don't think there is such a thing.
Pretty much ANY fridge could last you 20 years without a single problem.
You could buy the cheapest fridge with the worse reviews or the most expensive with the best reviews and have the cheap one end up being the best by far.

I think it varies from fridge to fridge and owner to owner.

We sold our 19 year old gigantic side by side Kenmore (Whirlpool) last year for $350. It was flawless for the whole 19 years never had a single problem with it.

So far our Kenmore Elite Counter Depth (Samsung) is also flawless, no problems for the first year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here