Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE Gas Range Warming Drawer

Posted by helou (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 27, 14 at 11:26

I've just ordered a GE PGB940SEFSS from AJ Madison, which comes with a warming drawer. The guy at AJ was very nice and seemed very knowledgeable. He told me that the warming drawer has a 72 hour shut-off.
However, when I look at the online manual it seems to indicate that the warming drawer stays on for 3 hours.

This seems like way too little time. I often use my warming drawer all day long when I'm having lots of company and have various courses warming up. Snacks for early arrivals, appetizers, desserts later on, etc.

The manual seems to be kind of generic for gas ranges, not very specific to each model. For instance there's a section about "Convection baking - for models with convection" "Griddles (on some models)" so the information might not apply to every model.

Does anyone have this range with the warming drawer, and does it shut off after 3 hours? If it does, is there a way around it?

Here is a link that might be useful: GE Gas Range with Warming Drawer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE Gas Range Warming Drawer

Follow-up to my own post. I got the range, turned on the warming drawer and it ran all day with no automatic shut off.

Yay.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here