Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boymomx2

DCS range or Thermador?? Please help!

boymomx2
12 years ago

I need to make a decision by Monday! I am trying to decide between a 36" DCS range or 36" Thermador (also considering Jenn air). Can anyone tell me which I should go with?

Comments (14)

• jakvis
    12 years ago

I like the burners on the Thermador best

• eandhl
    12 years ago

I have a DCS range and the dual stacked on all 5 burners is great to have. I do simmer a lot. Are you thinking range or cooktop?

• jakvis
    12 years ago

boymomx2
    Thermador make both a 27 inch deep and a 24 inch deep pro-range.
    The 27 is called a Pro-Grand and the 24 is a Pro-Harmony

• swisscook
    12 years ago

it seems like you can't go wrong with either one. We just bought the DCS after extensive study on GW and elsewhere. In the end, the new 2011 DCS had lots of what we wanted and was a solid 800 bucks cheaper. They have been around for a long time, but don't seem that popular yet...I noticed that our local PC Richards is pushing it now "If you don't need a Wolf for the status of it"...we went to a privately owned but LARGE store and they were really showcasing the DCS big time...they felt that especially the new 2011 models --- our salesman felt it was "the best bang for the professional range buck".
    That said, Thermador has long-term name recognition and everybody does like their star burners!
    Good luck deciding

• Kieffers_Guy
    12 years ago

I prefer Thermador, but that's just me. AND if you purchase a 36" or larger range, you get a free dishwasher with their 1-2-Free Promotion.

About the dishwasher: It's the emerald series (their middle dishwashing series) and values at around 1200.

I'm not too familiar with the simmer on DCS, but I can't imagine it comes anywhere near the low simmer option on Thermador.

Jakvis is correct that Therm makes two models: one with a 24" depth and one with a 27".

Here is a link that might be useful: Want to laugh and learn about appliances? Read my blog!

• boymomx2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all so much for replying! I've decided on the Thermador (and the free dishwasher)!! They are being delivered next week!!

• westtoeast
    12 years ago

Bump!
    We are being sucked in by the 36" Thermador with free dishwasher, but I am finding berry few recent reviews....any feedback?

• ahmack
    12 years ago

Although Thermador is a well-established brand, I would forewarn you that a relative, who has worked in the appliance industry for decades, advised us to steer clear of Therms right now, as they are apparently having quality control issues. While the problems don't seem to be appearing in every single unit they sell, it does appear that their quality is extremely hit or miss. I know people who have both hit and missed the mark with their Therms.

• babs711
    12 years ago

Are any of you Thermador owners still here? How are your appliances going? How is the dishwasher? I'm looking at the ProHarmony and the Emerald. There's also the option to upgrade to the Sapphire for $500 extra. I haven't decided...

• dancingqueengw
    11 years ago

Boymom, did you get your Thermador? How do you like it?

• abh2
    11 years ago

We just purchased a new all gas model DCS and love it. The DCS dual stacked burners, and especially simmer can't be beat. Yesterday I took a picture of the a dish I had simmering and sent it to my mom who has a Thermador (her simmer is good, but clicks on and off). We were choosing between Wolf and DCS AG and our dealer also said he felt the DCS was the best deal and he liked the DCS burners better. Good luck with your decision!

• danderson109
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I have a DCS and am returning it for a Thermidor the DCS has problems with the burners and the oven thermostat broke and generally don't like the way that it blows hot air across the cooktop so you can't season anything while you're cooking

• Jennifer St.Clair
    6 years ago
    We are choosing thermadore over dcs as well... easier clean up, star burners, list hoes on and there’s a promo free dishwasher....