Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
applnut

Wolf or Sharp Microwave Drawer?

applnut
10 years ago

Looking to replace a twice-repaired Advantium (now needing a third repair) on which we rarely, if ever, use the speed cook function, with a built-in sensor microwave that has melt and soften features. Want either a drawer or oven opening model (no side door), as it's in a wall stack at counter height.

Think I've narrowed it down to the new Wolf 30" Professional model MD30PE/S, mostly because we also have Wolf ovens (next to) and a Wolf warming drawer, which this microwave would be above, and because of the company's reputation.

Cons, for me, besides price (obviously), is that I wish they had someone more professional looking to better balance the L series. As the Wolf "professional" looks like an E-series add on to me.

Also looking at the Sharp 30" model KB-6525PS, which I don't like the looks of at all, but is a good bit cheaper and, at least in the past, I've been told that the Wolf model is simply a Sharp with a different front.

Anyone have any compare and contrast between the two? Reasons to look at one over the other that I hadn't considered? Other options I should look at?

Thanks in advance for any advice/info you can share!

Comments (6)