Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
btwine

30' Single wall oven: Electrolux, Miele, Thermador???

btwine
15 years ago

I'm replacing my GE Profile oven (hate the thing and get error messages a lot). I've been hunting for an oven that will basically fit in the current cutout.

Electrolux - read good things about this one. Anyone have a model they recommend, would you buy it again if you have one now?

Miele - don't know anything about the Miele oven?

Thermador - like the look of it but the rack system seems flimsy. Anyone have it and like it?

Frigidaire - OK, I realize it's a lot cheaper, but is it adequate? I'm not a gourmet cook - use the oven often, mainly want even cooking temps and longevity without a lot of repair issues.

Thanks so much

Bea

Comments (6)

• try_hard
    15 years ago

I recently posted about my Electrolux wall oven. You can read my comments in the link below.

try_hard

Here is a link that might be useful: Try_Hard's appliances, one year later

• btwine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Try_Hard, thank you so much! I just read your feedback about the two items I posted. I appreciate what you said about the Icon... looks like I need to keep on looking.

Thank You again
    Bea

• dcunited_2009
    15 years ago

BlueStar is now shipping their 30" ALL GAS convection wall oven with French Doors. It is also available in 190 colors and will accomodate a commercial sheet pan 26" x 18".
    This is a VERY hot unit.

Good Luck

• 59 Dodge
    15 years ago

I have had the Electrolux convection oven since 2006.
    It has been completely trouble free, and love the way
    the shelves easily glide way out. It was rated very highly by Consumer Reports, as is most of their stuff(ie Ceramic cooktop #1, Induction cooktop #1 etc.
    I would go to a store where you can see the different models. Take a paper towel with you, put a finger print on it and see how they wipe off(I really dont do much to keep it or the matching Speed oven clean) but best thing is try it yourself. I really don't want to dispute anything Try_Hard has said--just for me, keeping them clean, "No biggie".
    I did have a KA dishwasher with a stainless steel door and I never could get the spots off that succer, and I also had a ceramic cooktop that was a nightmare to clean---so maybe I tilt the other way, as far as ease of cleaning goes¿
    I just wouldn't rule it out till ya see it in person, There isn't an oven or a speed oven I would rather have.

Gary

• theapplianceguru
    15 years ago

Here's the Guru's opinion :
    Electrolux (I'm assuming you're talking about the Electrolux, not the Electrolux Icon) - I've got an Electrolux range. I love the wave touch controls (even though one little part of the display has gone out - I'll let you know what it takes to fix it). The oven is great at holding temperature to close to what it's set at, the meat probe works great, the lighting is some of the best on the market, the smooth glide racks can't be matched by any other brands (though, make sure you take them out before you self clean!), and I personally like the blue interior.

Miele - Miele puts out a solid product. I just don't think I could spend the money on one, or feel right convincing someone else to do the same.

Thermador - Thermador came out with the first wall oven (1947) and has been improving on them ever since. Unless you're sold aesthetically on the appearance, I'd save a little money and go with a Bosch wall oven. It's got a quick preheat time (7 minutes) and a quick self clean cycle (2 hours). It holds temperature very well.

Frigidaire - This is a good oven and at a great price. Now, the problem you'll run into is they're updating the line and coming out with a brand new line up on their wall ovens. Availability may become an issue unless you can wait a couple of months for the new ones. The Frigidaire doesn't hold quite as tight of a temperature as the previous ovens, but it is loaded with the features most high end ovens have. It does lack on the fit and finish and the durability is mediocore.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Appliance Guru Reviews and Commentary

• 59 Dodge
    15 years ago

I have the Icon series, Guru. At the time I bought it or actually looked at ovens in 2005,at Pacific Sales, It was the only Electrolux model oven they had on display.I may have looked the other models up on the net. We like the large glass door on the front, The blue cobalt interior and how well lit inside, and the fact that the glass did not get hot. We also liked the curved handles on it and the matching speed oven as well as the wine cooler. In fact I bought their curved handles for their Fridge and installed them on my 48 "Jenn-air built in Fridge".
    My Kitchen theme was "Curved" so the Icon's fit it well.

Gary