Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Refrigerator/Freezer with ice maker

Posted by yoyopa (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 7, 13 at 10:44

Have a Liebherr and have had ice maker problems immediately after purchase. I've lived
without the ice maker for years now as the company's solution was to keep sending replacement parts which didn't solve anything and the thing continued to be a headache so we gave-up. The company's indifference was just as annoying. Considering replacing it but am hesitant because I don't want to pay that much $ and get another machine that costs more than it's worth and a company that ignores the issue. Considering a 30" Sub Zero but again, I am wary b/c of the $. Any feedback? And to all those considering Liebherr: DON'T!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Refrigerator/Freezer with ice maker

An ice maker is the biggest source of problems in fridges today. If you have a dispenser in the door , they are practically guaranteed to fail before the fridge does.

Now, I think you are simply swimming against the rive witha Liebherr ice maker. Why - they are a Euro co. making Euro fridges, and Europeans don't really use ice like we do and VERY FEW have them in their home freezers.

Liebherr's ice maker is a total afterthought for the American market form a co. that really doesn't do ice makers. Any wonder it failed ???

SZ on the other hand has been making freezers with ice makers for 50 + years. They've got it about as right as anyone can. They still have units break though. Their service is as good as it gets in the industry and their products justify their cost - even if that cost is high and not seen as a good value to the mass market.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here