Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opinions on New GE Range

Posted by keystone183 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 12 at 10:38

Looking at buying a new GE. Any opinions on them in general, and specifically i'm looking at GE Profile PGB980SETSS, and GE Profile PGB995DET. Main difference is a burner and one is double oven. Any thoughts on the double oven? Just looking for some input in general here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opinions on New GE Range

Not sure of model numbers but I have a GE gas profile. Main oven cooking is uneven. I use the second oven, mostly for warming, but it works pretty well for casseroles. I haven't baked or roasted in it. I like many of the features of the stove - delayed cooking works really well.
Self-cleaning is fair to poor. To be honest, I never have used the center burner. Its hard to use if you have four pots on the regular burner.
If I were doing it all over, I would get the GE induction range. Its garnered excellent reviews. The burners are as responsive as gas. The oven is supposed to bake well, better then the electrolux induction from what I have read.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here