Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
devinr_gw

Jenn-Air wall oven, any experience?

DevinR
11 years ago

If anyone has experience with the later wall oven models from Jenn-Air I would really love to hear your feedback.

Comments (4)

• sail_away
    11 years ago

I have a new Jenn-Air 27" convection wall oven. I've only had it for a few weeks and during that time we've been busy doing a few things to refresh the look of the kitchen, including being without counters while waiting for granite installation. So I haven't really put the oven to the test, but I have continued to use it for roasting and baking, with and without convection.

What I don't like: (1) I haven't figured out an easy way to get the rolling rack in and out of the oven, so I've just been using the two regular oven racks.This is a big disappointment, as I thought that rolling rack was a very nice feature. I still plan to go to store and see if they can show me a way to get it in and out without a lot of hassle. If they can't, then I'm leaving it out. You should be able to check this out in the display oven at the store. (2) The timer has a very pleasant chime that goes off, but it is not useful for me, as I often put something in the oven and return to my office to work---where I can't hear when the timer goes off. To compensate, I just take a small timer with me when i return to the office to alert me when it's time to check on something in the oven.

What I like: (1) It's wonderful to finally have an oven that heats to the correct temperature and maintains it---hopefully, that would be true of any new oven. (2) I like the electronic controls more than I thought I would. They are quite intuitive and easy to figure out, and they're not cumbersome at all. (3) I really like the auto conversion for convection. I had a convection oven before, but it wasn't a true convection and my oven hadn't been true to temperature for some time, so the auto conversion is helping me to figure out what adjustments to make for cooking with convection. It has already caused me to try out convection when I might not have otherwise. (4) The convection fan is very quiet, unlike my old convection oven. (5) I like the appearance more than I realized once I got it home---the black interior is nice and the SS is better than I thought it would be. I was very worried about fingerprints and constant cleaning, but the brushed SS seems to be easier to maintain than I thought. I am still bothered by the occasional fingerprint---you usualy don't notice it until you get at just the right angle. I'm still in the honeymoon stage with my oven, so the moment I see a fingerprint I grab a microwave cloth with a little water and wash it off and dry it. Mostly I just see one or two smudges, but maybe that's because I keep running back to remove them. We chose the Euro handles rather than Pro, which is my personal preference---I would like the Euro if they didn't have all the texture in the middle. I also prefer the Euro because it comes with a smaller and, in my opinion, better looking logo in SS rather than black.

That's about all I can think of right now. As I said, it's still early to pass final judgment, but so far I'm really enjoying using the oven.

• DevinR
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sail-away, thank you so very much for all your information, it is much appreciated. These ovens do have a great look to them and I am considering them. Thank you again.

• sail_away
    11 years ago

Devin,

Your welcome. I forgot to mention that the Jenn-Air website has the user manuals available for download. I looked that over before buying to get an idea how the oven operated overall. For example, it's a small thing, but every showroom where I saw the Jenn-Air oven they ahd an analog clock; in reading the manual, I found that it could be set as either analog or digital and, if digital, AM/PM or military time. (I also saw that the loudness of different sounds could be adjusted---I liked that I could turn down he sound that it makes when you perform certain operations, but, unfortunately, even after adjusting the sound level of the timer, it's too soft to be heard outside the kitchen.) It also helped that the local appliance store had a working Jenn-Air oven that I could experiment with---it wasn't exactly the same as mine, as it was bigger and a fancier model with more features. Nevertheless, I got an idea how to operate different features before buying the oven.

• DevinR
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Would love to hear from owners of Elextrolux Icon ovens. Primarily in terms of baking sweets and even baking of those. Certainly if you had any troubles I love hearing those as well. Many thanks! Devin.