Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beware of Buying Bosch Refrigerator...

Posted by organic_sprite (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 13, 11 at 10:00

I purchased a very spendy counter depth Bosch refrigerator and I have had nothing but problems since the first week. The refrigerator is now about 2 years old and I am totally disappointed in the way it works.

The ice maker has gone out twice. Periodically, throughout the day, it sounds like a freight train (terrible since it is close enough to my bedroom to wake me up at night)

BUT the worst part is the TERRIBLE customer service at Bosch. I have talked to the Bosch customer service several times and not only are they incredible rude (which in my opinion show a lack of training) they are completely unhelpful.

I bought the refrigerator because I loved how it looked and I paid for an integrated refrigerator because my space required it, but please please avoid the mistake I made and look at another company. I wish I would have gotten something like a liebherr or a subzero.

Sorry for the rant, but I just got off a very frustrating call with Bosch's incompetent customer service.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beware of Buying Bosch Refrigerator...

What model may i ask? Sorry to hear of your woes.

o

You might imagine that in these troubled times for the appliance industry, extra effort would be made to keep customers happy. But if your experience is anything like mine with Viking, all bets are off. If you are out of warranty they won't assist with any resolution, and their outsourced repair folks are only too happy to charge exorbitant fees to repair expensive items which should last longer than 3 years.

It is as if these people think, "we've got your money, sucker!"

o

What is the model number? What is the exact problem you're having?
Many things can be checked and corrected by the owner.

o
RE: Beware of Buying Bosch Refrigerator.Ext..

Sorry I got distracted while writing my post.

You did state the issue. I'm not sure which model you have but if it's one of the free standing units the noise could be a damper that controls airflow from the freezer to the refrig. Several manufacturers use this system and they sometimes get noisey. Double check your warranty because I think Bosch has a 2 years all parts warranty and a 5 year electronics warranty.

o

"I have talked....."
Talk is cheap.
Perhaps it is time to write a precise, businesslike, letter to the CEO of Bosch USA carefully detailing the appliance's identity, history, faults, your unacceptable treatment by his organization, and what he proposes to do to overcome these deficiencies. If you hear nothing back in a reasonable time, write to the big boss in Germany.

o

>>It is as if these people think, "we've got your money, sucker!"
>>write to the big boss in Germany

...and the big boss responds: "Wir haben Ihr Geld, Verlierer!"

o

Yours was a special case............

o

I was hoping that the original poster was going to post the model and serial number. I was wanting to get the information to my contact at Bosch who can probably help.

If you want you can email me and I'll get it in the right hands.

o

I agree. Don't by a Bosch refrigerator! I have a B20CS51SNS/02 about 3 years old. Have had problems with it cooling properly and now the Freezer evaporator motor went out. Very likely the problem all along. We had water leaking everywhere and had the motor replaced. Bosch customer service insists it only has a 1 year warranty, even when I sent them the print out from their website showing electronic parts covered for years 2-5. Then they said, well you didn't use a Bosch certified tech. It's all BS, they built a bad product and don't stand behind it. I will never buy another one nor recommend to anyone else!

o

We have been using Bosh fridge for over 5 yaers without any single problem...But I heard that thier dishwashes are problematic http://www.pissedconsumer.com/browse-reviews/appliances.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here