Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
36" Rangetop recommendations

Posted by swimman (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 3, 13 at 9:52

We are building a new home and plan to put in a 36" 6-burner rangetop. Bluestar is at the top of my list but I'm having issues with the builder being able to supply the unit (they will not let us provide the unit - long story which gets my blood boiling!).

As a back up, I'm also considering Thermador but it seems all the other manufacturers come in as a distant second to Bluestar in my opinion.

Can anyone else comment on their experience with a Thermador gas rangetop or other brand? I've heard horror stories of customer service from many of the brands.

As well, any others brands I should consider that are dependable with good after sales support? I've looked at Wolf, Viking, GE, etc. but not sure of others out there that people are having good experiences with using.

As well, as a backup backup, we are also considering induction. At the top of the list would be either the Thermador or Bosch 36" models but we like the look of gas better.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 36" Rangetop recommendations

Wolf is your best bet off of that list. Thermador doesn't have the reputation they once did especially if you need service down the road.

Bosch does not make a rangetop only a drop in.

o

i'm in the same boat as you. after much deliveration, we have decided to go for a wolf 36 rangetop. however, due to budget constraints, we are getting the older model RT366 with the open burner, which we are fine with.

good luck on your search!

o

Have you considered just buying a 36" range instead of just the rangeTOP. That way you can just have the builder leave a 36" space in the cabinets and you can just slide the range in, hook up the gas and get the cert of occupancy.

o

I resolved the issue with the builder and they are allowing me to buy the rangetop and provide it to rhem. I was relentless! Bluestar 36" with a Zephyr Tempest 2 hood. Can't wait.

This post was edited by swimman on Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 21:27

o

Excellent. You won't regret it. I have the 36" bluestar range. It rocks.

o

Glad it worked out for you! agree with gladross, have had our 36" Bluestar range only a couple months now, but I'm in love, what a fantastic piece of equipment!

o

"I resolved the issue with the builder and they are allowing me to buy the ramgetop and provide it to rhem. I was relentless!"

Good job! Congratulations!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here