Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Appliance Update - DCS, etc.

Posted by mommyatlaw (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 8, 12 at 9:49

Thanks for all of your input, GW'ers. I think I have found the right combination of features, quality, reliability, aesthetics and value for me. Tomorrow, I will seal the deal on these:

DCS 36" AG range with six burners (and grill plate!) - woo hoo!
DCS 30" single wall oven (three rolling racks!)
DCS/FP microwave only (not exactly love)
FP DW drawers (love!)
Electrolux side by side cabinet depth fridge (loved the interior, not willing to pay for a built in)
Zephyr Europa Venezia wall mount hood
GE Monogram undercounter bar fridge
Two stacked GE Monogram wine coolers (not positive about this)

I know that these aren't everyone's picks, but there's lots of factors to balance. I am glad to move on in the process. Cannot wait to cook...and bake...and clean my dishes...

Happy holidays!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Appliance Update - DCS, etc.

Is the main refrigerator your only freezer space? And is it 36" wide? Because I can tell you that the freezer in a cabinet depth side-by-size refrigerator is pretty small. I don't ever have, say, a turkey to freeze, so I thought it would be fine. But even jamming ice cream, frozen packages of vegetables, and Tupperware containers of spaghetti sauce in there is like putting together a three dimensional jigsaw puzzle! If you have a freezer elsewhere, then it isn't an issue.

o

thanks, idrive! i have an additional full size side by side in the utility room so i don't think it will be a problem.

o

A few changes: In lieu of GE wine coolers and fridge, I have opted for Summit full-size wine cooler and undercounter fridge. I think they will be fine. I have also added the DCS warming drawer and substituted an LG MW for the DCS. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here