Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vent-a-hood = huge mistake?

Posted by cottonpenny (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 15, 12 at 9:30

As our new build progresses, the budget for upgrades gets tighter and tighter. Doesn't it always? The hood needs to go over a 36-inch Bluestar rangetop - per my builder I need 900 CFM.

I had originally wanted a stainless steel Modernaire PS-26 (barrel shape). But it's going to run close to $5k all said and done.

I can get this Vent-a-hood for $3300 including shipping, and it has similar specs. I think I like the appearance just as much. The savings would be much welcomed at this point.

I read all the threads about cleaning being more difficult and all. I think I can deal, but I've never had a hood before or cleaned one. At this point, my attitude is anything will be an upgrade from my rental-grade otr recirculating micro - that maybe I won't notice how much better the MA would have been if I never have it.

Or will this be a giant regret? Thoughts? Other SS barrel hoods (42", 900 cfm) that are cheaper?

a href="http://tinypic.com?ref=v8397b" target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vent-a-hood = huge mistake?

I think your pricing for the ModernAire is incorrect.

To get the Modernaire PS 26, 30" High, 42" Wide with a 1200 cfm blower, in plain stainless steel as the picture the price is closer to $3700

o

Thanks, Trevor...

I got the pricing from Patrick who said it was $4607 not including shipping...?

For a $400 difference I would probably splurge on the MA. I guess I will reconfirm that we're talking about the same thing.

o

According to the price is see in the book it should be

PS2630-342 (model number)

Model PS26
Height 30"
Width 42"
Depth 24"
Blower 1200 cfm

Price $3771 + shipping

Unless you are adding bands and / or special finishes.

I agree check with him again...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here