Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kenmore kitchen applicances

Posted by CE2013 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 9:18

Hi all, my husband and I are looking to redo our kitchen including new appliances. There is a great deal on Kenmore appliances at Sears right now but I am curious to know how that brand is perceived. It wasn't really on my radar, I was going to look into purchasing like Maytag or Whirlpool appliances.

We want to sell our home at some point and wonder if people will think that we went 'cheap' on the appliances or is Kenmore a pretty respected brand? I didn't realize that it was only made by Sears.

Thanks for any feedback!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kenmore kitchen applicances

I wouldn't buy appliances based on resale. If a potential buyer hates your fridge, it's easy to get a new one. Get what you like, and what fits comfortably in your budget.

o

That is a really good point, thank you

o

Great deals are compelling, no question.
Keep in mind how A&E ties into most large appliances sold by Sears.
If Kenmore has a particular model not available elsewhere, like an induction range that you really want, go for it.
"Respected brands" is a fluid situation these days.

o

I agree with everyone else - buy the appliances YOU want.I just bought a Kenmore Elite FD SS fridge - mainly because it had all the features we wanted. Also bought the GE Profile induction range and a KA dishwasher in SS. I don't think appliances would make or break a deal on a house sale.

o

We just bought a SS side by side Kenmore elite refrigerator and it's made by Kitchen Aid. It was a lot less expensive then the Kitchen Aid but had the same freezer. It has great reviews by JD Powers and Consumer Reports. I would go for something that is going to perform well that I can enjoy while living in my home rather than trying to guess what someone else may like.

o

We want to sell our home at some point and wonder if people will think that we went 'cheap' on the appliances or is Kenmore a pretty respected brand? I didn't realize that it was only made by Sears.
Sears doesn't make anything. All Sears products are just a brand label. Kenmore appliances are sourced from the various manufacturers that produce all the other brands. A Kenmore-branded washing machine may be manufactured by Whirlpool, LG, Samsung, Electrolux/Frigidaire or GE for example. Some dishwashers are Whirlpool, some are Bosch, some may be Frigidaire.

The first three digits (before the period) on the FULL model number of an appliance (NOT the catalog or store number) indicates the manufacturer source. There are web sites that translate the numbers accordingly. Search for "kenmore manufacturing codes."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here