Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jwats612

A J Madison/other discount sellers

jwats612
10 years ago

Good morning,

I received a great quote from A J Madison on an Electrolux double oven--but ratings for them on reseller ratings are grim. Wondered if anyone has had experience with them, or has another to recommend. The savings were about $1,000--seems too good to be true

Thanks

John

Comments (10)

• eleena
    10 years ago

There have been several recent threads. Search this forum and the Kitchens forum.

My own experience has been positive so far but it is not over yet (waiting for a defective part to be replaced), so I do not want to report prematurely.

Here is a link that might be useful: Recent AJ Madison review

• eleena
    10 years ago

There are negative reviews too (see link). But AJM might have changed their carrier since 2009. My delivery service was nothing like that.

I actually had a nightmare delivery experience with a different and very high-end company just a few weeks before that, so I was surprised and extremely pleased with AJM delivery. No muss, no fuss, they brought the stuff inside and waited till I unpacked and carefully examined the stuff.

Here is a link that might be useful: Older negative review

• attofarad
    10 years ago

I bought an Electrolux range from AJM, delivered in August 2011. No issues (just plugged it in for the first time last week -- this remodel has taken forever).

My neighbor bought a Dacor fridge from them, no problems.

• dianne47
    10 years ago

I always buy from a local appliance store. My choice was affirmed when my new Advantium oven had a broken door hinge out of the box. I can't imagine what would've happened if I had bought online.

The local store sent a guy to fix the oven and he didn't have the right tools. He scratched the door of the oven and the store manager replaced the oven, no questions asked. We took the scratched oven back, picked up the new one, and re-installed it ourselves.

Appliances are not as well-made or reliable as they used to be. Buying locally is my insurance policy in case of issues with purchases.

• eleena
    10 years ago

Mostly true but what if you want something not sold locally?

• jwats612
    Original Author
    10 years ago

With more sleuthing, the $ difference is much less than I thought, and for a few Hundred $, I agree that a local store
    is the wise choice

Thanks for you input

• homeimprovementmom
    10 years ago

is AJ Madison selling only used items? is that what you mean by reseller?

• jwats612
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Reseller ratings is a website that tracks performance of online merchants. AJMadison has a score in the high 4's (out of ten) which is not good

• realism
    10 years ago

It comes down to what your priorities are. For some saving hundred if not thousands is worth the risk that you might have to spend a little more effort getting something corrected if there is an issue. Others would rather just spend more money from the start for convenience.

Personally I think its a waste of money to pay for the ease of returns to a local store. Dealing with AJ Madison is not all that difficult. Inspect the item when it is delivered. If there is an issue reject delivery and AJ Madison will contact you to solve the issue.

• kitbun
    10 years ago

I've ordered 2 times from AJ Madison and both times I was satisfied with the customer service and delivery. One time one of the appliances needed service under warranty and it was not a problem getting it service.