Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears 30% off sale?

Posted by ellink (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 5, 12 at 8:46

I've seen a few posts from people purchasing appliances at a Sears 30% off sale. Anyone know when the next one will be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears 30% off sale?

I purchased at Sears on their friends and family sale (last August it was opened up to the public. I think we had 30, 15, 10 and then another percentage for opening up a new charge. I checked the price of my refrigerator during the Presidents sale(30 off), I paid 850 less. FYI: we bought all appliences in August, and then Hurricane Irene gave us much damage, making a long story short I wasn't able to have my appliences or my kitchen update till the end of Feb, Sears gave me no problem about not having them delivered, but I had to have my sales check changed after delivery because applience warrentee starts on the day of purchase, not on the day of delivery! We saved close to 2,000 purchasing Kenmore elite on all appliences except Microwave Hood which is 36 inch GE Profile. Good luck with your new appliences!

o

Sears 30% off sale is a great time to purchase. I remember the days when sears was overpriced probably 30% so when they had a sale it really wasn't all that great, but times have changed and I find their prices to be more competitive now. Take 30% off which is VERY substantial and have a pretty good bargain. I bought my bosch dw at an independant retailer during a sears 30% off energy star appliance sale and the independent matched the price. I got what I think is an outstanding deal. The retailer I bought from claimed it was like 3 bucks above cost or something like that. The only disadvantage is sears tends not to carry the really high end (miele, sub zero etc)

I am not sure if they have the sales around the same time every year but I will check to see when I bought mine. The months that seem to ring a bell in my head are april, may, august.

o

They have 20-25% off all the time. At least once a month I get an email for another 5% if you use a Sears card. Friends and Family at least once a month too which I assume is part of having a Sears card. Check the website once a week. While I have not purchased appliances from Sears, I have from the Great Indoors for a condo and they match prices. Sadly, they are closing all of those stores. Sears will match as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here