Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have the Culinarian with new simmer burner?

Posted by zeebee (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 5, 13 at 7:46

I was in the appliance store yesterday and my salesguy said all orders are now being shipped with the new simmer burner. He says the left rear burner is the simmer one, and the ends of the eight burner prongs (is that the word?) come closer together in the center of the burner, so the cook can use a pot/pan with a smaller circumference and not worry about it slipping through or wobbling.

So has anyone seen it in the store, or do you have one in your house?

BTW, he also said the new dual fuel Connoisseurian is on schedule for a first shipping in June.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have the Culinarian with new simmer burner?

I have the new burner on one of the ranges in the store, see pictures below, the comment about the grate changing is wrong, no changes will be made nor are they necessary, the pan on this burner is only 3 3/4" base width. As you can see even on full the flame does not lip the sides due to the angle of the drill holes.

o

This picture shows the burner on low.

o

Thanks, Trevor. Looks good!

o

I ordered my Culi rangetop the first week of January under the impression I would have a simmer burner. It arrived last week (April) and low and behold no simmer burner. My local appliance guy said they would send out a service guy to replace it whenever I want.... Just a new burner head or do they need to do a jet/valve replacement too?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here