Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have experience with Miele Microwave?

Posted by sarends (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 23, 12 at 7:28

We are looking at Miele Microwave - M8260-1

Does anyone have experience with this unit?

We plan to place it over the top of a Miele Speed oven

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have experience with Miele Microwave?

Why?

you already have a MW in the speed oven. I have the speed oven and it works great as a MW and convection

If you have the space get a steam oven or built in coffee

o

kerbosch,

I have read pretty exrensively on the Miele Speed Oven - totally sold on it. However, we are a family with 5 kids and we CANNOT EVER be caught without a microwave - after all we are Americans! (grin)

If we are using the speed oven as an oven, then we don't have a microwave. Plus, even when the speed oven has recently finished being an oven, the interior is still hot (because it was just recently an oven) and is not very safe for kiddos to use (or maybe even me). So, our family needs a dedicated microwave!

And, we want it to look good sitting on the same wall as the Miele Speed Oven, hence my question, "does anyone have experience with the Miele Microwave?"

Thanks!

o

We have had one for about a year now and "like" it. It does its job. We decided on this one because of the Miele Built in Coffee Maker that sits above it. The only thing it cannot do is make popcorn to save its life. I have tried anything and everything and it is mediocre at best. My $20 garage sale special does a much better job. If anyone figures it out "Let me know"!! Popcorn aside it is fine.

R

o

To solve the problem of a hot interior from cooking followed by MW in the speed oven, I bought a silicone mat. I put that on top of the hot tray to protect a cold, microwaving dish. No problems so far. It's a bit awkward, but do-able.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here