Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hood advice

Posted by melkel31 (melanie_kelly@hcpss.org) on
Wed, Apr 2, 14 at 7:10

I posted this on the kitchen forum but then realized this may be a better place to post?? :) (I am new to GW)... Anyway, we are remodeling and putting in a 30" commercial style KA gas range and need a 30" hood. We prefer to get an under the cabinet style bc of space- need cabinets above. any recommendations are much appreciated! BTW wanting to keep it economical and not spend a whole lot of money on a hood - function is important but spending a ton of $$$ on remodel - if it works well and is inexpensive that's good too! ;)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hood advice

Broan Elite E64000 Series E6430SS $609

Kobe SQ Series CH2230SQ $700

Both give you decent though not ideal capture area.

Kobe gives you a little more power and quiet.

I know people in kitchens forum are recommending generic Chinese hoods with good specs. I would not. Expensive products from China from a company with a long track record for quality yes. Chinese products at the dollar store maybe. Expensive products from relatively new Chinese company NO.

o

Even with an under cabinet hood you may have unusable cabinet space depending on how you vent the hood.

o

yeah true, we have that now but still get more than none haha! ;)

o

Looking forward to reading more replies :)

o

If you have the flexibility, you should go with the 36" hood width for your 30 inch "commercial style" gas range. I did that, even for my 30" induction range. For the Broan above, the difference is only $20.

I have the E6036SS Broan, with a 600cfm roof mounted remote blower, and a duct silencer (muffler) in line. Total came to about $1050; the blower was off eBay (new) for maybe $175 cheaper than retail. Quiet, works okay.

This post was edited by attofarad on Thu, Apr 3, 14 at 20:09

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here