Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wolf gas/dual fuel and power surges

Posted by Diggerr222 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 17, 12 at 7:07

We will be purchasing a Wolf gas or dual fuel range and the appliance retailer informed us that since we live in a rural area, power surges are more prevalent and we should rule out the dual fuel model as surges can damage the electronics.
I would appreciate any input on this subject from those who may have experience in this area. Thank you kindly.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wolf gas/dual fuel and power surges

Intermatic among others make surge suppressors that one wires to a two-pole breaker at an electrical panel. However, there are several issues with house wiring versus lightening induced surges, just to name one cause, so some care in grounding practice is required. More on this can be found on the WWW.

Although I haven't had a failure yet with my Wolf dual wall ovens (electric), I would have preferred that Wolf separately supply the electronics power from the heater element power. Then a UPS could be employed to protect the electronics. I have no information about whether Wolf makes any attempt to protect the electronics within the units. Surges can occur almost anywhere, and if the units were particularly susceptible, we should be hearing about more failures on this site.

kas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here