Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this normal for a microwave?

Posted by sooz (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 19, 12 at 3:04

We had to replace our very old microwave and got a new one made by Sharp.

When it's doing its thing, I can see the light on through the front glass, but I can also see a "red" filament like *string* that is to the right of the light. I'm attaching a picture I took of it--and because I could only see it when the MW is on, I had to take a photo through the closed door. I used photoshop to dodge the area around it, and also to 'photographically burn' the area where the red glowing thing is.

The darkened area in the photo is not really burned or anything, but that's the only way I could get the red thingy to show up somewhat.

Is this red glowing filiment-like thing normal??? The second photo is of the MW with the door open, and I circled the part where the light and the red thingy is behind.

Thanks!
Smiles,
Sooz
Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this normal for a microwave?

I can't see what you are talking about, other than the light itself.

o

Okay, maybe you can pretend to see a red filament that is kinda horizontal, a bit below and to the right of the light?

I appreciate your trying to look--it's not the best picture but it's the best I could get considering it's only when the door is closed and the MW is working... all I see when I look at the top photo is a couple of red/reddish pixels, so I do know what you mean.

Any ideas?
Thanks, again!
Sooz

o

Still can't see anything when I zoom in. My guess is that it is just a reflection off wiring behind the screen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here