Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trying to decide between American Range and DCS

Posted by eranmeg (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 2:30

Hey there,

I am trying to decide between the American Range and DCS DF Free standing 30" models.

Pro - on American Range is the oven size. Con - I have heard they don't do a good job on low simmer? Also read about issues with repair/customer service?

If anyone has opinions, input on either I would very much apprecaite it. The local sale on the American Range is over tomorrow - I can get the DF for under 4K right now..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trying to decide between American Range and DCS

I am not familiar with the American Range but I do have the DCS, all gas, the things I love - dual stacked burner for fantastic simmer on all 5 burners. The center burner, I end up using it almost every night. The infra red broiler is great. Going from my electric oven was a concern but I have no problems with the baking I have done and roasting is better, more moist. For my purpose the one thing I wish was different is a reverse on the burners, to have 3 of the 12,500 and 2 of the 17,500. On a rare occasion I have had all 5 burners going and freq have 4.

o

Thanks for the quick reply. Out of curiosity what do you find yourself using the center burner for? Can you actually fit additional stuff on the cook-to together with something on the center? I was actually questioning the value of it?

o

I can put my 8 Qt on center and 6 Qt on one, 2 - 3 quarts and a 2 qt. all at once without a problem. Bring some of your pans in to a shop and try it.

o

I see that DCS is offering a free single or double dishdrawer with the purchase of a range. I saw one yesterday and I was impressed with the build quality of the range.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here