Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dishwashing Detergent Capsules: Environmentally Friendly?

Posted by wawCooks (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 2:21

Hi...we are about to order our appliances. I have never used dishwashing detergent capsules. I have tried to research whether the Thermador Star-Sapphire DW must be run with capsules or is just better with them. I haven't found much info to answer that question. I have found that Method's dish tabs are environmentally friendly and come unscented. Has anyone successfully used them with a Bosch or Thermador (or Miele for that matter)?

I will post separate questions about the appliances we are narrowing down to in another post.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dishwashing Detergent Capsules: Environmentally Friendly?

You can use the Thermador with absolutely any detergent you'd like - tablets, powder, gel...

Alex

o

Great. THANKS! Cheryl

o

I've tried to find out 'why the capsules?'. It seems convenience and ease of use.
Pre-measured etc. Or maybe with powder, if your cup/fill spot is awkward, the powder granules could prevent the 'door' from activating properly. I use SeventhGeneration powder, not pods. And yes, it has popped open when it should not...jury still out on that one. I also prefer to control how much i use.
I may use a bit less detergent for a lighter load. My old washer was hard to load with powder, went everywhere so switched to SGen gel.
More important i think, with the new washers using less water and working more efficient, is to take advantage of the settings. I use the ECO setting 9 out of 10 times. A gunkier, stickier meal, i will boost the setting a bit higher/stronger.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here