Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwlolo

Ordering Gaggenau parts

gwlolo
10 years ago

I picked up a floor model single gas wok top and my install guy just told me that I need to get a gas regulator and an angle fitting to connect it to the natural gas line. I tried calling Gaggenau on Friday and the lady on the phone said that they cannot sell any parts to the individuals and I need to call and schedule an appt with a Bosch rep who will determine which parts and then install them. Yup - 2 visits. Is this the only way?

Comments (6)

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

There are plenty of places to buy Gaggenau/ BSH parts.

Like repairclinic.com

It does not sound a proprietary part you are looking for but something Gaggenau buys from a supplier so a place like repairclinic.com should have it.

• attofarad
    10 years ago

I've ordered part from Gaggenau's online site on a couple of occasions. In the guts part, not accessory. You can find part diagrams on the Gaggenau site. Search the web to see if you can find a cheaper price, once you have the part number. As deeageaux says, what you need may be more generic.

Edit to say:

Yes, as pointed out below, these seem to be external hookup items, not Gaggenau parts, and a decent installer should be able to provide them. If you do need Gaggenau parts, they are found on their site by clicking the eShop tab at the bottom of the page, and then entering your model number.

This post was edited by attofarad on Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 10:42

• xedos
    10 years ago

I think it's time to find a new install guy. One who has a spare regulator on his truck and knows that an angle fitting can be had at any hardware store or big box reetailer for about a dollar.

Even if he ran out of regulators, the store he does most of his business for should have one in stock and he could go pick it up.

• eleena
    10 years ago

I ordered and received a part directly from Gaggenau just last month. I called them several times in the last 12 months as my remodel was getting delayed and delayed. IME, some reps are not knowledgeable and some are plain jerks.

Their re-designed website is horrible. It was hard to find any info before, but now it is impossible without calling. You just have to get a different rep on the phone if you ever need a part that is proprietary.

• gwlolo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks all. Looks like it was matter of finding the right customer service rep. I called again and talked to a knowledgeable lady who ordered the parts for me immediately. So I basically ordered the gas pressure regulator and the angled pipe fitting and the seal. Hope the install guy does not need anything else.

• eleena
    10 years ago

May I make a suggestion?

Email Gaggenau and tell them about your experience. There is either an e-mail address or a place to submit feedback directly from the website.

After months of dealing with them, I figured that they have a weird culture where good work is not always recognized and "jerks" prevail. Their headquarters need to know who is doing a good job and who is not as well as problems with their website.

I am going to send one myself, just have not had time with the remodel and health problems. I don't think it was "one innocent mistake" in your case as IME, some reps are consistently good and some would tell you total crap just to get rid of you - and they do it again and again, especially one guy.

Just wanted to share...