Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Melted plastic stuck on glass cooktop

Posted by Marco_310 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 5, 13 at 1:30

I accidentally left my spatula on the glass cooktop while it was still hot (even though it's been turned off). Part of the plastic handle melted and got stuck on the glass cooktop.

I already tried scraping it off carefully as much as possible with a blade, but there is still a very thin layer stuck there.

Any suggestions for how to completely remove the residual melted plastic that is stuck there?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Melted plastic stuck on glass cooktop

Try carefully reheating the melted residue, just enough to soften it, and scraping more.

o
RE: Melted plastic stuck on glass cooktop

Gently reheating is a great idea. I'd try that first.

If reheating doesn't work, I wonder if Goo Gone would work if you put it on and let it sit for a while. Plastic is organic, and possibly petroleum based, so a solvent like Goo Gone could possibly help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here