Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caladpi02

Bosch/Thermador/Dacor-or something else?!?

caladpi02
11 years ago

We are in the process of remodeling our kitchen. Total budget is about 10k for the basic appliances. We have a DW that came with the house new, it is a basic GE, but with all the other remodeling we have to do, I am not interested in fixing something that ain't broke.

For the cooktop, I love the star burners, but getting scared about Thermador customer service. We are doing a cooktop, convection oven+micro/convection unit, fridge and hood. We want a counter depth french door fridge as well. Our tentative lineup is as follows:

cooktop: 36" Thermador 5 burner with the extra low feature (also looking at Bosch and the Dacor Preference) we want to spend under 2k. We are open to other options here.

Fridge: KA FD 21.8 cubic feet (no one talks about LG or Samsung-total crap?) $2500

Hood: Zephyr Typhoon (this may change radically as we are in the process of working out the plans) $680

Ovens: Bosch 800 series (now we are too scared to use Thermador) We have also priced out the Dacor ovens, but I am not totally sold on spending $3500+ for the unit, whether we do two separate pieces or one giant piece.

We are open to switching around as people think we can get better items at these general price points. Our big consideration is that in addition to overhauling the kitchen, we are redoing the master bath, garage, front door, etc etc, so we are not really able to go too far from this price point.

I have been reading these forums for several months and think the advice here is great-hope we can get some for ourselves!

Comments (2)