Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brightm

24" washer and dryer

brightm
10 years ago

We're remodeling our 1947 kitchen that has a washer and dryer in it. We currently have front loading LG's that are big, black and stand out like a sore thumb. We'd hoped to relocate them, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards. So we're planning to remodel the kitchen and we'll be using 24" under counter units.

My main question is whether the smaller size will make me regret it. It's just DH and myself. I'd like to think that we'll be able to adjust. But I'd love to hear from anyone who doesn't do huge volumes of laundry and has sized-down like this.

My sub-question (ducks, and cowers just a bit) is that we're planning to go with Asko as they seem to be the most cost effective way to get something that will go into our kitchen with stainless appliances. We're looking at W6454T/T754T. I believe the other options that aren't white are Miele or possibly another Asko (saw the ones with the stainless or paneled doors initially, but think they might be discontinued now). I just don't know that I can stomach the price of the Mieles. But...I'll still take polite feedback if someone has thoughts on either or knows of an option I haven't considered.

TIA.

ETA: Missed that there was a separate Laundry forum. :: Sorry.

This post was edited by cal_quail on Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 1:50

Comment (1)