Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dacor vs Kitchen Aid dbl ovens

Posted by starving_chef (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 1:09

Building new home, need to equip kitchen w/dbl ovens. Have
not read any "owner" reviews regarding Dacor or Kitchen Aid.
Help!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dacor vs Kitchen Aid dbl ovens

Have you tried the search function at the bottom of the page (not at the top)? Just type in Dacor and quite a few threads will come up. I know because I've posted many times about my Dacor double wall ovens and gas cooktop. There should be ones for KitchenAid too.

o

There are lots of postings on the KA double ovens. People seem to have had issues with them overheating after using the self clean feature. Of course the self clean feature is nothing more than a super heated oven to begin with and puts a lot of strain on the components. I never use the self clean feature. We got a KA about two years ago and have had no issues. It is easy to clean up a spill if you take care of it within a day or two. The oven will last much longer if you avoid the self clean cycle. Think of it as driving your Kia at 100 MPH all the time and drag racing from light to light. It might be capable of that but don't you think it would wear it out much quicker.

o

My KA double ovens are 12 years old and I use self-clean all the time. Never a problem.

o

maire_cates: am new to this site, where at the bottom is the search entry box? i see only one at top of page.

o

The search at the bottom is in the "Main Appliance Page".
Click return to Appliance Forum to see the search box at the bottom of that page.

The other search at the top of this page is pretty useless.

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here