Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gaggenau steam oven calibration -- taking more than 3 hours???

Posted by jlb1003 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 23, 12 at 0:47

Hi,
I just installed my Gaggenau combi steam oven, and decided to "calibrate it" following directions. It was supposed to take ~ 15 min. and, it has been on now for 3 hours. I'm not sure what is going on. I've googled and haven't found much. Anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gaggenau steam oven calibration -- taking more than 3 hours??

I only did it once, and it only took a few minutes.

My suggestion is to call Gaggenau customer service.

o

I think it might be resolved; I reset the settings to factory settings and started over. I was expecting it to indicate the calibration was done, instead, the "Cal" just went off (but the oven kept going), so I think it was probably calibrated.
So, tonight, I made my first meal: Green Curry chicken with onions, carrots, tomatoes and asian noodles. I improvised off of the miele website. If anyone else has any good sources of recipes, please let me know!
Thank you.

o

http://www.purcellmurray.com/larissa_recipes_steam_tips.cfm

First part of the Gaggenau cook book

Here is a link that might be useful: First part of the Gaggenau cook book

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here