Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there difference Viking D3 or Pro Refrigerator

Posted by M4rtin (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 0:38

My wife is asking me to try and find french door fridge with handles closest to Bluestar range.
I've been looking at one line of fridges that whirpool released, seems that Kitchenaid, Jenn-Air, Viking and probably others share.
I understand that Viking D3 might have the same fridge as others but what I don't understand is why Viking Pro seems to have the exact same fridge but for $500 more.
Is there something I'm missing that makes the price difference or is it just the sticker and handles ?

Viking D3 Series RDDFF236SS
Viking Professional Series VCFF236SS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there difference Viking D3 or Pro Refrigerator

For the "Pro" handle look and perhaps some minor interior changes. But $500 more is down from $1000 a few months ago.

I hope you are aware the Viking was recently purchased by Middlebe Corp, which is already cutting employees. Viking uses a Whirlpool prototype interior they make themselves. Their SS finish is nice. Just be aware of the new ownership-plenty to read on here about it.

Between the Whirlpool plant made Jenn Air and Kitchen Aid Pro lines, the only thing that still bugs me is the brushed stainless on the KA. I just don't like it personally. I'm still considering the Jenn Air Pro and am looking at the new 36" GE CD with in-door water (hot and cold) that's going to be available in May.

Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here