Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommendation for portable induction burner?

Posted by noopd (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 3, 13 at 0:32

Any recommendation for a single portable induction burner? which one is good?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommendation for portable induction burner?

I have this max burton. Bought it on amazon in 2010 expecting to use it for a few months during remodel. Remodel is still not done and this has been the main cooking stove for family of 4 where we cook breakfast, lunch and dinner. I liked induction cooking so much that I changed my plans for a high BTU gas stove for my new kitchen and am doing induction.

Here is a link that might be useful: Max burton single induction

o

We bought a reconditioned Viking unit a few years ago to use during our remodel and have been extremely pleased with it. Sadly, the remodel is still on-going (a DIY one!), but the Viking is still going strong.

o

You do know that you can search for prior posts? A couple of tips. First, use the search box at the bottom of the page. For reasons I've never understood, it has always worked better for me than the one at the top of the page. For your search terms, try "portable induction" "countertop induction" and "max burton." A second thing: try those searches with google and add "gardenweb" to the search terms (e.g., "gardenweb + max burton"). You will find at least a dozen threads here where portable/countertop units are discussed, sometimes as the main topic and sometimes in the course of other discussions.

Also, try searching the chowhound site. I recall at least three long discussions of portable unit, one of which was a very detailed discussion that started with somebody who wanted to use a MB unit for sous vide cooking and found limitations. Here's are links to a couple of the chowhound discussions:

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/761432

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/832571

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here