Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you put a convection microwave in a peninsula?

Posted by Catharine442 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 10, 14 at 0:14

I want to put a convection microwave in a peninsula but it seems, from looking at a few installation manuals, that they have to be 36" from the floor. That would mean you can't put them below counter height. Does anyone know of one that can be built in or put on a shelf in a peninsula below counter height? Or will I have to choose between having the convection feature and fitting it into the peninsula? I really want the convection for an extra oven as I will only have one conventional oven.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you put a convection microwave in a peninsula?

Have you considered a Miele Speed Oven? Mine is installed below the counter, which is an approved installation. GE also makes the Advantium but only the lesser-powered one (which people seem not to like) can be installed below counter.

o

If a regular oven can be installed below counter, why not a microwave-convection oven?

o

I don't know why, but the convection microwaves whose installation manuals I have looked at say they must be installed above 36" above the floor.

o

nycbluedevil: Thanks. That looks good but whew, they are expensive at 2199. for a low price. The Advantium is also pretty spendy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here