Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
russell822

LG vs. Kitchen-Aid

russell822
10 years ago

My wife and I are re-doing our kitchen. This renovation will include replacing all of our appliances. After visiting a bunch of stores, getting quotes and reading online, I have basically overanalyzed this. Both choices are probably fine.

Perhaps you all can help me with the decision. For look reasons, we're trying to stick with one company. It's basically down to LG and Kitchen-Aid. We're getting a counter depth fridge (french doors or side x side), dish washer, gas range (double oven) and hood microwave.

Here's the model numbers we're considering:

LG:

Fridge: LFX25991ST
Stove: LDG3036ST
Dish Washer: LDF8072ST
Microwave: LMHM2017ST

Kitchen-Aid:

Fridge: ksc24c8eyy
Stove: kgrs505xss
Dish Washer: kuds35fxss
Microwave: khms2040bss

Any insight on these models or companies would be very helpful.

Comments (9)

• llaatt22
    10 years ago

Here is some more info.

Here is a link that might be useful: Appliances - The Real World

• laundryvet
    10 years ago

I am with Sammy, mix appliances and buy who makes the best.

-dishwasher Miele (best), then Bosch, see Kitchenaidfires.com before buying a KA dishwasher; I had a KA fridge and KA range, but read enough to go with another option on the dishwasher; with black front, you would really need to stare at the dishwasher to know it was not the same brand, and Miele has been fabulous to date; read my other posts for install need to knows; $900; had for 6 months

-range; I really like my KA convection range, cooks fast, temps pretty even, reasonable cost ( I bought unit with huge dent in right side, but buried in kitchen cabinets, nobody knows); I have had for 1 1/2 yrs without a hitch; $800

-refrigerator (counter depth French door in black): looks great, functionally excellent EXCEPT condensate line has a tendency to freeze up and drop water on the floor; if I had wood floors it would have wrecked them by now; $1800, was $500 less than the next best I could find; would probably buy again despite condensate aggravation a; 3 1/2 yrs old

• gr8daygw
    10 years ago

My KA dishwasher is excellent and I would buy another one when the time comes. The only thing is, I worry that the newer appliances are not as good as the old with all of the energy requirements involved. I will not pay the big bucks for a Miele and also the appliance opening is just a bit different on them. Cost of Euro repairs and parts. I know that people on this forum love their Miele to the exclusion of all other DW's but it's not something I would want to sink 3K into or anywhere close to that amount. But then again, it's just the two of us so everyone has different needs. Recently I was out looking at them since ours is nearly 17 years old and still seems brand new actually with the stainless interior and still stylish exterior with electronics and I ended up back at the KA display because of the layout of the interior. It had the silverware tray on top with deep pullouts for the dishes and it seemed more study when you pulled them out. All of them seem wiggly when you pull out the dish wire trays but the KA seemed better. IMO, KA still makes a decent DW for the money and it has water heater and element for drying.

• julieste
    10 years ago

Don't get all of the same brand.

We've had several KA dishwashers an, for the most part, have been happy with them. But, our current DW is now 10 years old so I don't know about the reliability of the newer ones. I think I'll be looking at a Bosch 800 series when it comes time to replace. I am another one who can't see paying the price for a Miele even if people love them.

We have a 7-year-old LG French door fridge that we bought based on the interior space arrangement. I'd never buy another LG. It is a piece of junk as far as the quality of the materials used to construct it.

• xc60
    10 years ago

I much prefer KA over LG from our experiences.

• sjerin
    10 years ago

I've heard nothing but bad reviews of LG's longevity. They conk out early, unless things have changed in the last year or two.

• Suzy SM
    6 years ago

Stainless finish can vary a lot. Keep that in mind if u decide to mix and match

• Joyce Godfrey
    2 years ago

I’m confused

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!