Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosetroi

Reliability of Jenn-air appliances or what brand should I get

rosetroi
16 years ago

Our builder usually puts in Jenn-air appliances (Double Ovens, gas cooktop, microwave, dishwasher)in the homes he builds. Consumer Reports reports Jenn-air appliances as pretty good but I've read people's reviews on them and they haven't been so great. If you have Jenn-air appliances can you please let me know what kind of luck you have had with them or what brand have you been very satisfied with.

Rosemary

Comments (82)

• Eileen Parlow
    7 years ago

We purchased a set of Jenn-Air floating black glass refrigerator,
    dishwasher and microwave as part of our kitchen remodel about ten years ago, in
    2006. (We purchased a Maytag range because we wanted a double oven and Jenn-Air didn't have one.) The fridge and dishwasher have worked
    flawlessly with no repairs needed. We needed one service call for our
    microwave, but it was still within the warranty, so we only paid a minor amount
    for the service call- under $100.
    We love the floating black glass, which acts like a mirror and reflects
    the beautiful view of our gardens in the windows that are directly across from our
    refrigerator. We’re planning to
    get a small beverage center for an adjoining room, and Jenn-Air is our top
    choice. I only wish that they still made the floating black glass and not
    mostly stainless steel, which I find cold and unappealing.

• virginia Bryant
    6 years ago

I have a dual-fuel double oven by Jenn Air. It is 7 years old. I also have a husky. The oven doors are vented at the bottom and they suck up every hair and dust particle between the double glass doors. It looks disgusting and repairmen tell me taking the doors apart to clean them is nearly impossible. The screws in the top burners rust out and everytime it needs work done they have to be drilled out (3x in past 7 yrs). Adds a lot to labor costs, and as your range ages warranty providers don't want to cover it. It was a very attractive appliance but because of these problems I will not buy another.

't

• cmcneillschwab
    5 years ago

Hard to believe this thread is still going after almost 10 years!

But since it is, I'll chime in: I am an absolute JennAir devoteé. When we built our house in 1999, we got all JennAir appliances because we'd had good experience with the brand in previous homes. They are just now beginning to wear out and need replacement. That's 20 years of daily use! I would happily go with JennAir again.

• Shannon_WI
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

The Jenn-Air of 20 years ago has absolutely nothing to do with the Jenn-Air of today. No one reading this thread should draw a conclusion about Jenn-Air reliability from cmcneillschwab's statement about his/her 20-year old Jenn-Air appliances.

• onlyzuul
    4 years ago

I have a matching Jennair microwave, warming drawer and oven together, that looked beautiful. The plastic cover inside the microwave door broke and was considered ‘cosmetic’ damage under the AIG extended warranty. I decided to pay out of pocket for the repair, but Jennair changed the way they made the doors and don’t make the exterior door part at all. The microwave is only 5 years old and works wonderfully. So, now I’m stuck with a microwave with no door a Jennair said they would sell me a down graded counter top model for $600. It’s not my fault Jennair doesn’t make parts. Take my advice: don’t buy ANY Jennair appliances. They will screw you over if you ever have a problem or need a part AND they stop making parts whenever they want.

• onlyzuul
    4 years ago

I have a matching Jennair microwave, warming drawer and oven together, that looked beautiful. The plastic cover inside the microwave door broke and was considered ‘cosmetic’ damage under the AIG extended warranty. I decided to pay out of pocket for the repair, but Jennair changed the way they made the doors and don’t make the exterior door part at all. The microwave is only 5 years old and works wonderfully. So, now I’m stuck with a microwave with no door a Jennair said they would sell me a down graded counter top model for $600. It’s not my fault Jennair doesn’t make parts. Take my advice: don’t buy ANY Jennair appliances. They will screw you over if you ever have a problem or need a part AND they stop making parts whenever they want.

• User
    4 years ago

Last year, I purchased a $4559.00 refrigerator from Jenn-Air. I went with Jenn-Air because I needed a counter depth refrigerator. During the first week, the ice maker froze and leaked all over our new wood floors. We called for service. The service representative said that this issue with the ice maker was a frequent problem and he undertook the suggested repair. Within 1 month it started leaking again. My husband and I shut off the icemaker and have not used it since. The only solution that Jenn Air offered was to continue to repair it. That means, however, that we need to keep the icemaker on and ALLOW it to leak on the floor. We have to allow that to happen numerous times before they will even consider a replacement. The customer service representative, Bridget, was rude and had an attitude. Please, there are a lot of other counter depth refrigerators out there. Stay away from Jenn-Air

• alisaburton85
    4 years ago

JennAir not only has the least reliable appliances but their service is atrocious. Our 1 year old range, had a gas leak... a GAS LEAK... wow so dangerous. They were prompt to get on calling me back to me to book someone to fix it and assured me I wouldn’t be paying for this since it should never have happened. I appreciated that they escalated the issue quickly... HOWEVER... the guy who came to fix it took a week to come by, when he came in he didn’t even touch the stove, but asked me a whole bunch of questions and walked me through how he’d fix it all in no time. He’d order the parts right away, and they’d most likely arrive in a week. He also emphasized how he would make sure our nice hardwood wouldn’t be scratched and that he’d place a blanket down to protect them. Well... the parts were delayed, I had to call after 2 weeks to ask what the heck was going on... one part wasn’t even ordered yet. So after 3 weeks the guy returned... he pulled the stove out to do the work and says... “ma’am your gas line is too short, not sure who put that in, but I can’t fit behind the stove”... ha...! Well maybe if you checked that out and actually touched the stove the first time you might have noticed that... btw.. UNION GAS put the gas line in (I’m in Canada, and that’s our gas company). So needless to say, he couldn’t complete the work that day... he asked if he could leave all the parts at my house... to which my answer was no! Take them and bring them back when you return. He comes back... another 2 weeks later... I’ve then been on the phone w JennAir because I was so disappointed with their service... they sent me $300 for the headache. I felt that was fair. So the service man eventually returns with another worker of a slighter build who can fit behind our stove. They ask ME for a towel to put down on the floor so they don’t scratch the floor... I ask where the blanket is that most service ppl have? They said they didn’t have one.. okay use one of my towels... They fix the problem, show me the part that was broken. They hook my stove back up... I had a call to get on, but leave all the parts and pieces to stove all over my kitchen, there’s garbage from their work everywhere... and black marks on my woodblock island counter AND they left the front door WIDE open! My neighbour came by and knocked on the door, to let me know it was open... since I was on a call I hadn’t been out yet. I was so angry! I called JennAir back and sent them photos of the disaster that was left in my kitchen, they sent me another $200 for the headache. The whole process that was suppose to take two weeks, took two months... we had no stove during this time because initially the fire department disconnected our stove due to the gas leak. Here’s the clincher... a few months after the stove is fixed, I get a bill in the mail for $250 charging me for the service call. I’ve tried calling JennAir about this charge 3 times, I talked to the same person, and he has consistently told me he’ll leave a message with the person who was previously assigned my case and in the meantime to call their billing department, who’s number is disconnected... wtf?! LOL. As a sidenote: power on the touchscreen constantly goes off on the range, and we continue to unplug our entire stove to get the touchscreen on so we can use our oven. It’s annoying. DO NOT BUY JENNAIR PRODUCTS!!

• alisaburton85
    4 years ago

Oh shall I also add, that our $4000 fridge, it’s the chef style double door fridge with the water spout on the side... yea after 1.5 years the spout started malfunctioning and just wouldn’t stop after a cup was removed so water just poured onto our floor with no way to turn it off... sure enough, service guy said this is a common issue... the button gets stuck, he popped off the rubber piece and replaced it in 5 minutes... ohhh sweet thanks man, love that I paid $4k for a piece of garbage that had common issues w water spout malfunctions... this company needs to put some effort into making reliable appliances and maybe have some phone numbers that work on their service bills... that’d be awesome. Again... I caution, do NOT buy JENNAIR! I wish we went w Kitchen-aid... gosh, at this point, I swear we’d have saved a ton of money, and potentially our lives (w our range gas leak mentioned above) by going w appliances on a Home Depot special.

• HU-4435224
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

We purchased a new Jen-Air JGR8875RDW gas range w/convection oven several years ago. Within the warranty period, we replaced 3 control boards, and currently the controls only partially function. The first time we used the convection feature, it tripped our kitchen circuit breaker within a minute of operation, factory authorized repairman said he fixed it, but later, within a half hour of operation, it tripped our (new) circuit breaker...convection still won't function without darkening the kitchen within a minute of operation. Knobs are chrome plated plastic and all cracked apart with the chrome pealing within a year out of warranty. The white porcelain surface around the burners is near impossible the keep clean. Garbage appliance - huge waste of money!!!

• stephen pylant
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

We installed Jenn Air appliances along with a full kitchen remodel 4 years ago. I think every one of them was manufactured in 2015. The under counter wine fridge compressor went out after 14 months (out of warranty, $1000), dish washer heating element failed (275), dishwasher control board went out ($400), refrigerator ice maker broke in several places, replacement unit later developed a constant leak, replaced it...twice ($200x2)! Convection oven/microwave main control board failed ($475). 4 years old and every appliance has failed except for the induction cooktop. I'ms shopping for new appliances now and I'm going to stay away from Jenn Air. My appliance repair guy said Jenn Air is notorious for building generally good products but all have weak link. Quality of parts can vary based on part availability the day it was assembled. They build their products 80% to completion then finish with whatever's left in the whirlpool parts bin. My wine fridge has a Armana compressor and the capacitors weren't even to spec, We ordered parts 3 separate times because the repair books didn't match the unit. Jenn Air direct was one of them, they couldn't explain why or find the right part. They just said sorry I don't know what to tell you, try YouTube! Makes you proud to buy American...Jenn Air - Maybe you should relocate assembly to another country... We'll let you go...no hard feelings....or at least put a bag on your head and stop marketing it.

• A W
    3 years ago

Don’t ever buy Jennair appliances!! They’re beautiful but they break constantly!! We have had nonstop trouble with our Jennair refrigerator, including one that had to be entirely replaced IN THE FIRST TWO WEEKS, nonstop trouble with our induction range and now the Jennair dishwasher is broken. These were purchased new, and at great expense, about 3 years ago. This stuff is garbage. Customer support is awful as well. Avoid Jennair like the plague!!!!

• Connie Wiese
    3 years ago

We purchased all JennAir appliances for our lake home thinking they were high end. We’ve had ongoing issues from day one with the wall oven, dishwasher and a microwave. The oven has been serviced with 3 new digital panels and technician has been here at least 5 times. We’ve had numerous contacts with the company and still there are unresolved issues. Dishwasher stops in mid cycle 90% of the time so has to be manually restarted. Drawer Microwave has no turn table so food is cooked uneven and it’s extremely disappointing. Popcorn cannot be made in it as it burns and cooks only half the kernels. I’ve been patient but it’s been over 2 years and still not resolved. When I asked for a new oven the company told me I would have the same issue because the company has issues with that model.
    What? I’d like to post this review on every site to give people the heads up on this JennAir company. My advice... stay clear!
    Disappointed home owner who spent lots of money for something that was to be high end.

• cupbords
    3 years ago

I have Jenn-Air dual convection oven, gas cooktop, counter depth side by side refrigerator without front door ice maker (too messy looking. I like sleek lines) and dishwasher. All brushed stainless finish and very handsome looking in my kitchen. All put in in 2002 when house was built. All work beautifully and quiet and still look new. Other than changing a lightbulb no problems. I would highly recommend these Jenn-Air premium appliances. I would replace with same when the time comes. My trash compactor and microwave are GE brushed stainless (I liked there look and no problems there either). I live in the south SC. Guess they can’t go on forever, knock on wood but I’m hoping.

• Lynn Byrnes
    3 years ago

I bought all Jenn-Air appliances in a recent kitchen remodel as I was told they had great customer service and worth the higher price. Wrong. The electric range (model JES1450FS) burns and boils everything dry on simmer or low in 15-30 minutes. I tested and timed every single burner and presented results to Jennair. Jennair said, “This is by design” and won’t allow an exchange or return. I can no longer make stews, soups, sauces or anything requiring a slow simmer on this range. I’m beyond unhappy now in my beautiful new kitchen. I hope I’ve helped someone with this review: DO NOT BUY JENN-AIR’S ELECTRIC RANGE!

• Architectural Notice
    3 years ago

@Lynn Byrnes, there are relatively inexpensive diffuser mats/

plates you can purchase that will help with this issue.

I have one (see photo) and like it.

• Lynn Byrnes
    3 years ago

Thanks. I had reviewed many of these on Amazon and just bought the one you pictured. I turned my pan handle by habit while using this and the slight twisting motion immediately scratched the glass top pretty deeply. I gave it to my friend who has a gas stove. So far, haven’t found one of these that doesn’t scratch glass tops. I’m also worried that the lowest setting on my range stovetop runs so hot, these will crack the glass as directions urge the user to only use on Low.

• Architectural Notice
    3 years ago

Is there any way you can adjust the burner settings? Some ranges allow for that option.

• Lynn Byrnes
    3 years ago

I really appreciate your interest, thank you! I‘ve spoken to jennair and had the service people here thrice. They replaced the burner controls which didn’t change anything. I wish there were calibrations to be made but not available. All these electric burners do now is cycle on and off, no thermostat. But what’s weird about this stovetop is it can’t maintain a simmer temp, the temps I took of the water tests continually climbed over time to boiling on all burners on lowest setting except melt which is too cool to simmer. I stopped all temp taking when water boiled. I bought an Electrolux in 2010 which didn’t have this issue. Wish I had bought another one.

• Frank Mazuca
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

We did a heavy remodel on our kitchen in 2008, my father installed Jenn-Air oven and stove top (late 70s) and 14 years later they were going strong. Today's Jenn-Air is not your my father's Jenn-Air. Within 7 years the oven malfunctioned and the dishwasher. I replaced the green board on the dishwasher ($400 and i did the work) almost cost as much as new but the appliances were all a glass front convex & we wanted to have matching appliances. Then the oven died for good and we were using a 25 year old stove in the in-law apartment. I got $20 at the junk yard for both appliances & upgraded to middle-priced dishwasher and double oven (Bertazzoni) twice as much money but if they last 20 years instead of seven I'll be $$$ ahead. We have had the Bertazzoni appliances for over five years and no problems to date. We also saved money by purchasing the appliances ONLINE!

• Melissa Sharp
    3 years ago

dont buy jenn air! i have had jenn air appliances in my home since 2010... it started with repeated problems with my refridgerator..thankfully was still under warranty first couple of times. then had my dishwasher repaired once under warranty, it stop again working few years ago , never bothered fixing...then oven part of my range broke down not long after that.. never fixed..looks to be the digital panel, which costs over 200 just for the part.And now in last few weeks my refridgerator is completely broken again, no power...so I have 3 appliances that dont work. Buying a mini fridge while have kitchen remodeled with anything but jennair.... looked great but crappy quality! i lived in townhouse before this home with the JA..the appliances were super old when i moved in and were never replaced in over 12 years..and I never had one issue. just insane that people are expected to pay out much money for such poor quality.

• Mike Janeway
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

They are junk. Did a complete Reno on the kitchen and spend $28k on high end JA appliances. Fan on double range was loud and had to be fixed. Wall oven and micro did not work out of the box and 3 months later had to replace the mag on the microwave. The wine cooler completely died. Worse appliances ever. Look great but don’t work.

• Bill Jameson
    2 years ago

My Jennair refrigerator freezer died after 2 1/2 years. Leaked freon and couldn't be fixed. The original unit lasted 3 months before it broke.
    Replaced with LG.

• blank
    2 years ago

expensive not worth the price, looking for ovens then jennair noir takes 75 minutes to 2 hours to preheat on bake and poor service. unknowledgeable technicians. Just got new stove 10 days ago to replace a 5 year old jennair pro that had problems, an voila this brand new one have yeat to be able to use stove and problems with burner that are obviously not normal to a laymans naked eye, let alone an expert, but they were not able to diagnose. thats a two week old stove and still unresolved issue after 3 service calls in 10 days. Good luck if you go with jennair!!!

• sail_away
    2 years ago

I may be the exception rather than the rule. Our 2007 Jennair appliances that were bought in 2007 were still working well and looking good when we moved out after almost 10 years. Because I was happy with them and liked the features, we bought Jennair for our current home. The electronic board for the oven went out, but it was fully covered under warranty. Jennair had the board replaced at no charge, and all is well.

• Lynn Byrnes
    2 years ago

Here’s an update to my previous post about Jennair appliances. DON’T BUY THEM. I bought a Duxtop 1800W single induction burner that I use if I need a low simmer since the Jennair electric range is incapable. I also cook omelettes and candy on the Duxtop since the Jennair burners just keep getting hotter and hotter on lowest setting. This is by design according to Jennair. AND now - the Jennair dishwasher stops mid-cycle. Three different repairs didn’t fix it. Please do not waste your money on Jennair.

• Eileen Filler
    2 years ago

Jennair is made by Kitchenaid. I have a 42 in. kitchen aid refrigerator. It has been rebuilt 3 times in 12 yrs and is currently malfunctioning. I want to avoid anything Kitchen aid.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

JennAir and KitchenAid are both Whirlpool brands.

KitchenAid was originally part of the Hobart company, known for commercial and home food preparation equipment. The first KitchenAid dishwasher was introduced in 1949. Whirlpool bought KitchenAid in 1986. KitchenAid home cooking appliances were at one early point sourced from Chambers. A full line including refrigerators and laundry were offered by the time Whirlpool got involved.

JennAir dates to 1947 as Jenn-Air, named for the founder Louis J. Jenn, and originally produced industrial/commercial ventilation fans. They integrated an exhaust fan into a cooktop circa 1961 which they marketed as the first self-ventilated (down-draft) range. The product line was later expanded to a full line of appliances (refrigerators, dishwashers, countertop microwave ovens, and even laundry). Maytag acquired Jenn-Air in 1982.

Whirlpool bought Maytag in 2006, removed the hyphen (JennAir) in 2018, and continues producing JennAir products as a distinct brand along with KitchenAid and Maytag. KitchenAid laundry appliances were discontinued after Whirlpool bought Maytag.

• HU-850226953
    2 years ago

I bought all Jenn-Aire appliances in 2016--moved into my new home 1/2017. I HATE to cook, so I have only used the oven 4 times, literally, in 5 years--A "stuck key" light went on with a phone number to call for help. I shut off every breaker in the kitchen per their directions...NO help. Literally used 4 times to bake cookies. The microwave works great, but I just pulled a cup of coffee out of it and bumped the edge of the glass plate that goes around, and it chipped a 3 inch long piece of glass. Glass must not be their best item...I have a induction cooktop, also Jenn-Aire. I was washing the refrigerator shelf and had it lying on the counter a few months back- when I wiped the glass cleaner off the shelf, it move a little bit and bumped the edge of the cooktop--not hard, just a wipe and it moved an inch or two. I now have a 2 1/2 inch edge of the cooktop with broken glass. It works fine, but really? I use the kitchen mostly for refrigeration of drinks. I have used the cooktop less than 10 times. Building a new house--BUT WON'T USE JENN-AIRE

• Holly- Kay
    2 years ago

When I renovated our kitchen in our current home in 2013 I used all JennAir appliances. I purchased double convection ovens, induction cooktop, refrigerator, and dishwasher. All the appliances have worked beautifully for the eight years since the reno.

We will be moving into our last, age in place home but after researching extensively I’m choosing a Bosch dishwasher and fridge and a Fisher Paykel induction range and I feel very happy with my decision. I sure would have loved the beautiful high end Rise refrigerator with an onyx interior but too many reviewers had issues and the ones that loved it mentioned it’s beautiful appearance way more often than any of it’s features. I just had to choose function over form.

• Brett
    2 years ago

Ah, the "stuck key" error on a JennAir wall oven. That's a $900 part that is backordered and JennAir doesn't even know when they will become available. How do I know? That happened to our top of the line double wall oven 2.5 years ago and then again earlier this month. Our oven is therefore unusable for some unknown period. The Yale Appliance blog has JennAir last on the list for wall oven reliability (that information wasn't available when we installed the oven six years ago, otherwise we would have made a different choice).

We'll be building a new house in a couple years, one that will not have any JennAir appliances in it. I think we'll also go with two separate wall ovens, so if one breaks, at least we still have a working oven.

• blank
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Ya and i got delivered a new range 2 months ago with wrong burner plates that results in an 8 inch flame and a 12 in flame that wraps around the sides of a pot. Clearly a safety hazard, not just fire, but burning your fingers when you reach for the handle! It even burned the grate at the back of the stovetop. But they don't seem to care saying plates are back ordered too. But can't understand if they are still manufacturing, distributing, and selling these ranges with the correct plates, why can't they get a single box from that inventory to replace my wrong plates delivered and resolve the safety hazard! They would rather ignore a consumer safety hazard on the product they delivered rather than lose 1 sale of a range. It should be reported and recalled!

• Peter Lee
    2 years ago

Currently, I have 3 Jenn-Air appliances that are broken, the convection oven, the wall oven and the cooktop. The appliances are about 3 years old. I've tried fixing the convection oven, and had 3 service calls, each time they come in a new error message pops up. It's been a year since I haven't had working ovens. I have gone from anger, frustration, disbelief to now resignation. I can't waste any more time/effort/energy. We will have to replace everything. If you still want to purchase Jenn-Air that's completely up to you, but you've been warned.

• Cathy Meier
    2 years ago

Purchased top of line wall ovens did not heat from day 1! have not ever used. theyre saying that if they cant find part in 21 business days ill get new ovens but cant tell me when that will be I WANT OVENS THAT HEAT! I certainly wouldnt of spent $6000 on ovens if i didnt cook my family has no ovens one wishes it was like a car and you could get a loaner VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!

• Tammy Ho
    2 years ago

Jenn-Air is garbage. We are never buying this brand again. We thought spending more money on appliances woudl mean they’d last longer our microwave broke after 2 years, under warranty we cant get parts replaced because ours is discontinued so we had to spend MORE money to buy the upgraded 2021 version despite having extended warranty and have been without a microwave for over a year even though we’ve paid for a new one. Our stove also broke under 3 years (ignition problem) and now our dishwasher is broken in less than 3 years (it stops running in the middle of the cycle). Customer service is terrible too. Never recommending them to any friends or clients

• Susan Thomas Jones
    2 years ago

I wish I researched appliances before getting Jenn-Air. We bought a new home in 2016 and the builder put in Jenn-Air appliances. We received the same error message as indicated by the other consumers above; stuck keys, lights turning on randomly. We would turn off the oven at the breaker and wait for it to reboot and it would work for a while. Now it appears that I've received the final error message that this appliance can no longer be used. I was told by the repair man it will cost $1900 for a new motherboard. Ovens should last longer than 6 years.

• HU-242840226
    last year

‘’We have a Jenn-Air wall oven. The touch screen froze after 4 years, and the serviceman said it would require a new computer screen, at a cost of over $1000.00. We’ve now been without an oven for over two months, and the repairmain cannot tell us how many more months we will have to wait for the part. The moral of the story: don’t buy Jenn-Air, or Whirlpool, who own Jenn-Air.

• Jodie Chandler
    last year

I purchased a Jennair double wall oven at the end of 2019. This "high end" oven started acting up at the end of 2021 with "stuck key" messages that we were able to resolve for a while by kicking the breaker switch and restarting the oven. We had a technician look at it in Jan 2022 and the entire motherboard was shot. Even though it was a few months out of warranty, Jennair agreed to pay for the part, which I was happy about. After weeks of trying to source the part, Jennair agreed to replace the oven, but it still cost me $500. I was not as happy about that, but agreed, being that I was getting a brand new oven. That was in March. It is now June and despite NUMEROUS calls to them, they cannot give me an estimated time as to when it will be available. Initially, I was told "maybe beginning of May", but now, they can't even commit to a date before the end of the year! I am so frustrated. I have been without an oven for six months now with no end in sight. In researching this issue online, I see that I am not alone, both in experiencing broken appliances that can't be fixed, and backorders that can't be filled. I will NEVER purchase a Jennair appliance again. They are worthless and their customer service is terrible. I just sent an email telling them to cut me a check for the full retail value of my new oven and the $500 I gave them in March and we will call it a day. I am not hopeful that this will be an option but I will not stop calling them until I get a resolution. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Jennair!

• korihauer12
    last year

I am so disappointed in all these really bad reviews for Jenn Aire.  We got their appliances in 2002 in our first house and they were amazing! We had a double oven, dishwasher, cooktop & microwave. Had a few minor issues with oven but wasn't until it was 17 years old! Now, we are building a new house & I really had wanted to buy Jenn Aire but so many bad reviews! Any other options out there for consideration?good appliances thst dintand

• Brett
    last year

We're considering the GE Cafe double wall oven, as it seems to have the same sophistication as the Jenn-Aire, but hopefully without all the problems. Wolf and Miele are also possibilities, depending on availability of service in your area.

• HU-27984459
    last year

The control panel on my wall oven stopped after 2 years replaced under warranty . 4 years later it needs to be replaced 1800 dollars. Dishwasher Jennair nightmare getting parts . Don’t buy jennair .

• coolbeansw
    last year

My Jenn-Air single wall oven isn’t quite 4 years old (and I never ever used the self-clean function because that fried the control panel on my previous Thermador oven), yet its control panel needs replacing. After two months of waiting for a part, Jenn-Air informed me it is no longer being manufactured. I have to buy a new oven. Disgraceful! i am happy to say I bought the extended warranty and will get almost 50% of the purchase price back, but it is a horrible waste of resources to be carting off a relatively new appliance to the dump because of the unavailability of a replacement part. DON’T BUY JENN-AIR.

• Denise DeVore
    last year

Do NOT buy Jenn Air. We purchased a full suite of Jenn Air appliances in Feb 2019. We are on our 5th service call for the dishwasher - which still diesnt work, and the refrigerator gasket is torn. Jenn Air is paying fir the dishwasher repair, so I will give them that compliment. The dishwasher stopped wirking after 3 yrs and the ”customer service” guy implied I was lucky to get through the warranty period.

• tamabapa
    last year

We replaced Jenn Air that was in the condo for over 20 years and bought Jenn Air electric range, convection micro, dishwasher. We have to use electric at only 208 and range accommodates and heats up fast and hot for the low power limit. They look fantastic and the DW so quiet. We will see. Hope I'll comment again in 20 years... We did buy the warranty as pretty affordable compared to total purchase price.

• tamabapa
    last year

Anyone using electric vs gas range?

• Kendy Noble
    last year

I echo all the DO NOT BUY JENNAIR comments. We’ve had ours since 2018 and have had a problem with everything except the microwave. I would say I love the convection cooktop, but the “motherboard” has shorted out on us twice - thank goodness while under warranty still. If it goes out again it will be over $1,000 out of pocket to replace. The ice maker in the fridge has broken twice and is currently on the fritz again, and if things are close to the back of the fridge they freeze. The control panel on the double-oven throws errors frequently and has had to be replaced once already ($800 a few years ago and I’m sure will be over $1,000 by now). The dishwasher doesn’t perform nearly as well as it should for the price we paid and the silverware basket was total junk and had to be replaced. Just don’t waste the money. I’m shocked at what crap these appliances are, and will spread the word every chance I get I’m so angry about it.

• Ell Martini
    last year

Microwave/oven combo installed in new build 2018. "F2" error message July of 2022, so whole unit out of commission. (Homebuilder has same unit, same outcome.) Jenn-air said right off the bat we'd have to wait a while for the replacement control board. Just had yet another contact with them, during which they insist there's been no recall over that part, but they still cannot provide that part (?) and would I like to put us on a list to go to an internal review board, for consideration of a pro-rated replacement unit. My 2 questions: why would we WANT another Jenn-air?? and if they can't cough up the part because of demand ... how is there NOT a recall? I asked if they couldn't "rob" a part off a set in inventory, and the tech acted like he didn't understand the question. So, here we are. Oh, yeah, and on my first contact, I gave them the model number and serial number, and they asked ME for the part #!! How would I know the damn part #???

• HU-981497651
    last year

DON'T BUY Jenn Air!!!! I purchased a double wall oven in November 2018 and started receiving the F2 stuck key error about a year later but was able to clear it. It came on permanently in November 2022 and my oven has not worked since. Three weeks after speaking with Jenn Air they told me they had the board in stock and sent me a tracking number - three weeks later they discovered the part was lost. Another three weeks goes by and they want me to buy a new oven. Now they say I have to wait another 4-6 months for delivery - so I'm going 6-8months with no oven - and they want me to pay upfront fo a new oven but I still can't cook anything.

Jenn Air and Whirlpool should not be allowed to use these business practices.

• HU-797475418
    9 months ago

i bought a second hand jennair elec stove top about forty yres ago and it is still going

• Lydie
    19 days ago

I bought and installed a Jennair slide in induction range a week ago and already the clock on the range doesn't work properly. I can't believe that I just had to schedule a service appointment for a brand-new $4000 range.