Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cwirick_gw

Any feedback on American Performer range yet?

CWirick
11 years ago

Still looking for any first-hand experience with the American Range Performer. Price and specs are appealing, but I've yet to find any reviews.

Comments (7)

• jbart
    11 years ago

I've seen the performer in two stores. Looks pretty nice and well made, but not as nice as the Culinarian or Bluestar. The grates do not extend across the whole top, so you do have to pick the pans up. You cannot slide them from left to right or vice versa.

The grates are also fairly high above the burner. One rep said it's because the heat is so high on the 25K burner that it would eventually destroy the grate.

I might see it again today. If so, I will take a closer look.

It was priced at $3100 in one store. That was the 30-inch range.

• CWirick
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm glad to hear they actually exist, since they aren't shown on their website and the company never responded to my email.

The 36" model does have continuous grates. It's a tempting proposition for me, being $2,000 cheaper than the equivalent BlueStar. Just wish I could find some owner feedback.

• CWirick
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm glad to hear they actually exist, since they aren't shown on their website and the company never responded to my email.

The 36" model does have continuous grates. It's a tempting proposition for me, being $2,000 cheaper than the equivalent BlueStar. Just wish I could find some owner feedback.

• oceangirl67
    11 years ago

I received an email, months ago, that they were coming out with a center grate, fwiw. I'd really be interested to see the price difference compared to a bs rcs with 3 upgraded burners.

• Mistman
    11 years ago

I've been researching the same and was pretty sure I was getting the performer. I went and looked at the residential model and was quoted a price on a 36" Performer w/an 11" griddle. I had previously been all set to get a BlueStar RNB but for the assumed price difference and the AR oven I figured I was all set to get the AR. I then went and looked at a 36" BlueStar RNBV1 and priced it out too. When it comes right down to it, adding backguard and color it's nearly a wash. Color on an AR is $750, it's $349 on a BS. You can't move the griddle location on an AR (center), you can on a BS but it'll cost you a little over $300. It's about $500 difference for the base SS models, add color and the difference is negligible once you see the BS in action. Finish on the BS is much nicer, I like the way it all comes apart, the catch tray on the BS has 3 compartments so you only have to clean the dirty one, the AR is just one tray. I'm ordering my 36" BS RNB w/griddle on the right in color #6024 tomorrow w/a matching canopy 42" hood.

• CWirick
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The base RNB is $5699 at my local dealer. Plus tax and freight (say what?). So I'm over $6k for the BlueStar.

The American I can order from an online retailer for $4199. Add a couple hundred for shipping (if not free) and I'm $1500 below the BlueStar equivalent. Definitely worth a serious look for me, particularly since we're already over our build budget. :(

• Mistman
    11 years ago

True, but I wanted a griddle which was going to push the AR to ~$4900 and like I said it was only available in the middle. Bluestar for the same set-up (w/griddle)is ~$800 more, I want color, AR goes to ~$5650, BS w/color is ~$400 more than the colored AR, griddle on the right will be roughly $700 more for the BS than the colored AR. If I hadn't chose to move the griddle it would have been around $400 diff.