Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Sub-Zero - drawers or no drawers?

Posted by karynmx (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 3, 14 at 23:15

We are in the planning stages of a rebuild. I am considering the new Sub-Zero integrated line for the freezer & refrigerator.
Of the 30" wide refrigerator & 30" wide freezer units, the ICxxx model is a single column with one door, the ITxxx model has 1 door and 2 drawers for each unit.
What are the pros and cons of the single door per unit versus each unit with 1 door, two drawers?
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sub-Zero Products

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which Sub-Zero - drawers or no drawers?

drawers are easier to organize and line up with adjacent cabinetry that has a belt line ( drawers / undercounter doors).

Full height units are less $$$ (usually) and look better in a tall door / pantry / closet elevation.

o
RE: Which Sub-Zero - drawers or no drawers?

I would love to hear more answers to your question. We are planning to get the new integrated all refrigerator with drawers, but don't have a great reason for selecting drawers over the column, other than we like the looks.

To my dismay however, our cabinet maker wants nothing to do with attempting to size and align cabinets drawers with the Sub Zero drawers in a side by side situation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here