Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tanajo

my appliance list thoughts?

tanajo
12 years ago

complete gut job on the kitchen. I THINK I have the appliance list nailed down.....

36" GE monogram dual fuel (LP) range

the oven size, self cleaning oven racks, 3 rolling racks pushed it over the to of the Viking for me.

Counter depth french door Electrolux fridge, no water or ice in the door - I just don't like the look... I know weird.

Miele DW - diamond series? I think it will walk the dog, LED lighting etc... I just LOVE the top silverware tray.

Range hood, VAH, 36" - This is the only item I'm wavering on, or was wavering on til I saw the price of the GE monogram hodds, the $1000.00 rebate still doesn't make sense.

I'd love any thoughts or experiences about any of these choices. Oh ya, a GE compact microwave (that's a minor appliance though I suppose.

Comments (2)

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Love my Miele DW with the top tray - when I replaced it, I went with the model that pops open and finishes the drying cycle - this one really does walk the dog - I joke it looks like a tongue sticking out.
    The feature allows better drying of the dishes.
    BTW - spend the $$ for the Miele DW soap - it really does make a difference. I thought my dishes were clean before but after I switched (when the Miele repairman checked on a possible problem) and wow!
    Currently we do not have any Miele authorized appliance repair dealers in the area and I am happy. The factory folks are much better.
    I was concerned about how much rinsing agent it was using. Instead of coming out and looking, then ordering a part, and coming back (and spending half the time talking to Miele), the factory rep listened to symptoms and brought the part with him He replaced the same day.

I also have the Elux FD fridge and love it! Now water/ice through the door but did get the LED lights - not sure if available on the standard one at this time - but the rep monitors this and might be able to answer the question. I have the perfect temp drawer and it is so much fun. I turn down the temp and keep fish and meats fresh, I bring it up a degree or 2 and bring ice cream to serving temperature, add another degree or 2 and store cheeses, snacks, and beer. But wait, there is more - I push a button for defrost and it brings the drawer temp to around 40 degrees for 7 hours to defrost meats!
    I have saved $$ on not throwing away yucky milk, meats, fruits, veggies, etc.
    Can't answer on the GE

• Madeline616
    12 years ago

Hi tanajo,

I recently bought the Miele Diamond and love it! The 5 year warranty, cutlery tray, auto-open, and lights were what sold me. It's beautiful, quiet, cleans really well. I'm still figuring out how to best load it, but people say you can fit a ton of dishes in there.

I have the Wolf DF. Since you mentioned Vking, did you also consider Wolf? Only 1 rolling rack unless you buy the others, but the thing is a tank!

Also considered the VAH but went, after exhaustive research, with the "Best" line of Broan hoods. They're called "Best by Broan," and they're amazing. Much quieter than my friend's VAH, looks amazing, gorgeous multi-level Halogen lights, 4-level fan operation.

Sounds like what you have in mind it will be a wonderful appliance package. Just thought, since you're still in decision mode, I'd share what I went with.

Either way, enjoy!