Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
You know you have induction when...

Posted by plllog (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 14, 12 at 22:42

...you turn off the stove when you've just started a pot of pasta water to go to the bathroom because it might boil over before you get back.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: You know you have induction when...

I think I need one!!

o

...you set a pan on the heat to season and totally forget it, but your pan is fine because the cooktop got tired of waiting for you and turned itself off.

o

You show off to friends by offering them tea.. "it will only take a jiffy... Here you go"

o

The pan is ready before you are.

o

..you put down paper towels and don't worry about an ensuing bonfire.

o

I have a another one.. shout out first dibs on cleaning cooktop and counters. Sink/ dishes and floor are not on the preferred list :)

o

...you get nervous about leaving the potholder next to the pot because it might get dripped on, not because it might catch fire.

o

You discover there must be something other than gold in that new ring.

NO! Don't even think about it. LOL

o

You pour some water in a pan.
You set the hob to on, but at the lowest setting.
You leave it there for 4 hours.
Then you remove the pan, and immediately drinks the
water , "Straight from the pan"! (Carefull not to spill any).

Gary

o

You guys are killing me. It takes me 15 minutes every night to clean my range.
But hey, when a birthday candle needs lighting.....

New Lacanche owner

o

... your very undisciplined, counter-surfing dog licks the spills on the cooktop right after you finished cooking.

o

A "High Bred Dog" would only lick the Wolf Cooktops!!!

o

...you keep a Bic lighter by the stove for lighting birthday candles, and it never blows up.

o

Every purse and bag you own is packing magnets.

o

Your relatives and friends are suddenly getting *gently used* previously treasured calphalon and aluminum based cookware.

o

No matter how long you roast your chiles they still won't peel.

You have mastered the technique of "Flambe of the Mind."

Your old "Visions" cookware dies of loneliness.

Your Mother in law calls you at the theater to announce that the burners on your stove won't get hot.

o

...you have a portable propane grill strictly for grilling chilis.

... you use a Bic for Flambe's.

... you gave your mom all the ceramic cookware.

... your MIL says "I'll let you cook since you seem to enjoy it more than me."

o

...your friends and neighbors are impressed by your ability to boil water.

o

..you really commit to exercising as you can't bear the thought of a pace maker separating you from the precious

o

...love NOW means never having to say you're sorry for using electric!

o

...cooking no longer means "slaving over a hot stove".

o

...when things saute (jump) right out of the pan, you just pop them back in and wipe up the stove.

o

...when watched pots do boil. Fast.

o

I am laughing so hard.
Guilty as charged
-Magnants in pockets (gave up purses years ago!)
-My SIL is excited about getting an all clad griddle (yup it is aluminum)
-The rest of my calphalon is in storage for our "cabin" of the future - but will probably give them away to my niece or SIL
-Demonstrating water boiling through a pot-holder
-Demonstrating the safety to the Occupational therapists at the hospital for assessing patients executive function without having to stop the patient before they burn up the hospital.

But I don't turn off the cooktop when I go to the bathroom - just put it on 180 degrees!

All of this - and I only have a side burner - my cooktop should be installed within 3 weeks - anyone need calpholon

Also still looking for a griddle for induction. Found one which uses aluminum and steel and had good reviews.

o

...you turn the power down to brown meat.

o

312 cooktops 76 ranges available in the UK. A wealth of choices at reasonable prices. We are quite behind in all areas. The $1k 30" AEG HK884400XG is zoneless and now includes a display.

Here is a link that might be useful: PricerunnerUK

o

... You see, perhaps for the 1st time, how much energy gas stovetops waste.

o

You are never too tired to clean up after dinner. Swish, all done.

o
oh, yes

you don't need the romance of flames to cook evenly, powerfully and with military precision.

o
cleaning is not a favorite

you don't hesitate to make latkes because it will take two minutes to clean up, no matter how messy and splattery. Messy cooking has no affect on your happiness.

o
Charring? not a big deal

you realize that charring can be done in either of your two broilers or on your back porch Weber. It is so not a big or often, deal. How often do you char, really?

o

...you say, yes, of course I'm putting the glass bowl down on the cooktop--it's not on the hot part.

(I did broil some peppers today, for the soup, and they did get charred, though not as thoroughly as on a flame. As Westsider said, that's what the rest of the appliances are for...)

o

You have Thermador gas range but you and your husband wait in line to use the portable induction unit you got from Williams Sonoma!

o

You attract swarms of horny bumblebees every time you make an omelet.

You have to call in scientists from CERN to analyze your "boil patterns."

Your Gramma's old cast-iron griddle shrieks in horror on pancake day.

You honestly know what Sil-Pat is.

And, to be fair:

You have the most efficient, most responsive and temperature-steady means of cooking known to human-kind short of psychic barbecue which is not widely available.

o

the air conditioner breaks, temp's in the 80's, and you're having guests for dinner, but you can still cook because it won't heat up the kitchen.

a2gemini - Let us know how that griddle does. I need one, too.

o

You find its faster to heat up some water for tea on the cooktop rather than the microwave.

You can ditch the double boiler set up.

You can ditch the separate steamer appliance.

Bye-bye rice cooker.

So long crepe maker!

Thinking of ditching the coffee pot for a stove-top percolator. Or kettle & French press.

o

when your range is totally cleaned up before your food is finished cooking and served !!!!

o

When the delivery guys think you're crazy for instsitng on boiling a little water in a tea kettle to test each burner because "trust us, just turn it on and it will get red and hot"...

...then they look at you in awe like you're a magician when you casually put your hand on the unused part of the hub the kettle is whistling on. And they stare in amazement at their own hand after touching the cool part of the burner in use.

Wish I had it on tape! Granted induction is rare in my area, but you would have thought I showed them how to time travel or something.

o

you can do this ....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here