Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sail_away

Electronic Touch Screen?

sail_away
11 years ago

New appliances ordered and on their way. This is my second post seeking information about what to expect when they arrive. My first post concerned the DW. Now I'm thinking about the wall oven and its touch screen. My old wall oven is >20 years old, so no experience with touch screens.

I'm pretty computer savvy---work at home on a computer and maintain computers and peripherals myself. However, I've never really liked using the mouse as well as the keyboard or using a touch screen--still struggling with the screens on smart phones. I guess I'm not coordinated enough!

I have played with the touch screen a bit at the local appliance store, where they have a working oven very similar to the one I'm buying (same manufacturer), and it seems pretty straightforward and intuitive. But it also feels like it requires several extra steps (going through the menu) to simply turn on the oven at a certain temperature and set the timer.

So here's my question: Has anyone had trouble adjusting to the touch screen? How long did it take you to get used to it? Any tips?

I'm really not too worried about this issue---mostly just excited to get my hands on the oven and put it through its paces. But I figure there's no need to reinvent the wheel if others have tips to share.

Comment (1)