Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AD Show - see CC duel fuel and all the latest appliances

Posted by avidchef (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 19, 12 at 22:33

For those of you close to NYC or willing to travel, I wanted to let you know that Architectural Digest is presenting a Home Show March 22-25 from 10-7 Thursday-Saturday and 10-6 on Sunday. The CC duel fuel will be unveiled. Other manufacturers include AGA, Bertazonni, Gaggenau,Subzero, Wolf, La Cornue, Jenn Air, Miele, and Modern Aire. For a complete list you can go to their website ADHomeDesignShow.com

Thursday is a trade day- but you can purchase consumer tickets for $30.00 on site. The show is at Pier 94 which is 55th Street and 12th Ave.

I go every year - and its wonderful. Everything from furniture to building materials will be displayed. I believe Trevor said he will be there - so maybe all the Garden Web people should meet at the CC booth. I will be at the show on Thursday and if you are planning to go - e-mail me to co-ordinate.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AD Show - see CC duel fuel and all the latest appliances

Sounds like a great event. I hope you will take pics and report back so we can join you via the forum.

Enjoy.

o

I will try - only have my phone for pictures. Any particular items you want to see?

o

A few snapshots of Trevor flirting with the show models would go over big. But even better! See if you can find a "Permatex Muffler and Tailpipe Putty" T-shirt somewhere. Wear it to the show and have your picture snapped with Surjit Kalsi in front of the new Culinarian!

That pic will be instant legend.

o

How bout a shirt with Surjit on it, with big blue flames on it and big lettering which reads, "Simmer Down"!

Gary

o

LOL - you men are too funny!

o

Dodge59 and Mojavean - Have you thought about new careers as stand up comics? If the show wasn't tomorrow, I would have a humorous shirt designed - instead you may have to settle for poorly taken pictures and guiding me through posting them as my kids are away.

o

Avid - Email the pics to me and I will post for you.

You might want to have this at the ready for Surjit - maybe as an optional accessory.

Photobucket

o

Dodge59 and Mojavean - Have you thought about new careers as stand up comics?

I thought about it, but I'm soooo old now, I can't stand up!!!

We will setttle for pictures, Thanks a lot!!1

Gary

o

Dodge - UR hardly old - just 5 years ago you looked like this:

1959 Dodge & Dillon 1

;-))

o
Fast Living

Ya, Michelle, but the "Fast Living" here in GW, has taken its Toll.

Also have a lotta wrinkles worrying about running into a Benz that might have my Dodge for "Lunch" alto, so far so good!!!
(LOL).

OT, Michelle, but I was really hoping you would get that gorgeous Viking Induction Range, and report to all the World, that It's the Greatest.

We do need more induction ranges that look like that, and alto I'm pretty much an Electrolux fan, to me, (Note the "To Me"), their induction range looks like something from "Outer Space" I like the Classic Stuff---sorry about that, Elux Induction Range Owners!!!!

Sure wished we could talk Trevor into inporting those Range Master Induction Ranges Shhhhzzammm!!!

Gary

o

Avid, I have posted a guide for you and anyone else who wants to post pics on GW but is not sure how to do it. If anything is not clear, don't hesitate to ask about it.

o

Did you get the chance to go to the show, avidchef? Was the Connoisseurianistacator on display? Any cool pics?

o

Here on GW they are resident sit-down comics. Bourbon optional.

o
Connoisseurianistacator?

You asked for the Connoisseurianistacator? Here he is! Along with his partner, Karen:

Photobucket

I ran into the two of them at the Modernaire booth at the show. So fun! Saw lots of great stuff -- especially the Ilves (what a surprise). But did you mean Trevor or the Culinarian? lol. If the latter, sorry. I got there late today (the last day of the show) and totally missed the Culinarian. Oh, well, next year.

o

Great Pic, Martha! I think that avidchef will be posting some pics when she gets her technical crew (aka, offspring) on the job of publishing the pics.

I have spoken with Trevor before, but his videos are always "Mr. Hands" style things, burners and broilers, no faces. Thanks for allowing us to put a face to the well-known name.

o

So that's what Trevor looks like! His hands are familiar from the videos as Mojavean said. Thanks Marthavila!

o

Here are some pictures from the AD show. I will explain them tomorrow.

La Cornue

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Beautiful object from the AD show!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

The first three pictures are of La Cornue. You can see the range with a french top and griddle. This range is shown as part of a $100,000 wall of LaCornue. The next four pictures are of the duel fuel CC. The reason I took so many pictures of the oven was to show their new concept. The electric oven has a water reservoir in the oven to generate moist heat. The goal is to mimic a gas oven for cooking meats. Since the moist heat is not good for baking you only add the water when you want the moist heat. However, this is not a steam oven - I asked. The range will not be out for awhile - only a prototype was there. The knobs are at an odd level. Most disappointing in my mind is that the burners are the precision line burners. The oven is large. Trevor was not at the CC booth - he was at modern aire.
I did speak to him and he assured me that later they would come out with the open burners. The next seven pictures are of a kitchen from Valcucine. I fell in love with this kitchen. If you like contemporary and have a high end budget - you should look at this kitchen!!! The drawer and cabinet fronts are glass. Draw bottoms are glass - so you can clearly see what is inside. Each drawer has custom divider options to suit your needs. The cabinets open European style - that is the top and bottom separate - that is the strange second picture in the series. I am showing the cabinet in a closed position. The next three pictures show a concept I really thought was both cool and practical. A wooden cutting board slides over the counter top and sink. It can be retracted to utilize the regular counter top. It also slides off the counter to enlarge the counter top if you need more space. In the next to last picture, you can really see how this works. What I loved about this kitchen was the ability to close everything off. I like how the dishes can drain in the sink - behind closed doors - not a new concept, but well executed. The last picture shows some of the gadgetry - wine holes, magnetic bar etc. Then I posted a series of beautiful artistic objects from the show. All high end.
A few comments on products which I think are new:
1. Subzero is offering a 36 inch french door.
2. Wolf is introducing stainless steel knobs for the dual fuel ranges and sealed range tops.
3. Sub zero reconfigured two of its largest models to provide chilled water and ice inside the refrigerator.
4. Miele has made a counter top version ($1700) of its wall mounted coffee maker. This is an incredible machine. Maintains personal preferences for coffee settings for 10 people. It makes lattes, cappuchino, expresso. Everything can be programmed to your liking. So if you drink a starbucks a day, this machine could pay for itself in a year.
5. Jenn Air has an i phone app that lets you select JennAir appliances and instantly see them in your kitchen. Its called design vision iphone app.
6. Blanco showed a quick release magnetic spray faucet.

o

ooo...I like the sound of the Miele counter top machine. It is 120V right? Maybe some day....

o

Its plug in and smell the coffee!

o

Thank you, avidchef. That was such fun reading! I wouldn't really ever go to one of these shindigs, but I realize it's just a blast to hear about it like this!

o

Great photos and narration, avid! Thanks for giving us provincials out here in the boonies a peek at the new stuff. I agree about the Valcucine exhibit, really cool.

Can't say I understand how the water thing is supposed to be used. Does it substitute for spritzing the crust on a loaf of bread? In any event I am sure we will hear more on this from Capital.

Thanks for sharing your visit with us.

o

Fantastic photos - looks like a great show. I see that new Miele in my morning kitchen bar!

o

"Draw bottoms are glass - so you can clearly see what is inside."

While lying on the floor looking up?

o

Peter, sorry, I should have said bottom and sides are glass. However, for a petite woman like me, I can look up at the underside of the higher drawers and would be able see what is inside of them if I couldn't see from the top, The look of the kitchen is just fabulous.
Michelle, I tasted the coffee - in fact had four "taster" cups of different brews and it was wonderful!
By the way, May 19-22 is the International Contemporary Furniture Show at Javits Center in NYC. Besides furniture, the show features kitchen and bath cabinetry, hardware, lighting, art, textiles, flooring, out door furniture, and wall coverings from all over the world. The Italian section is always awesome, You can look it up at ICFF.com.
I believe Saturday and Sunday are trade days and then it opens to the public.
If you are contemporary orientated the show is worth the trip because many items are only available from the exhibitors at the show. Some vendors like LaCava (bathroom) are readily available everywhere, but there are many small companies who buy booths looking for distributors. There are art students who have invented products and have just started having them manufactured. The show is wonderful from a design perspective.

o

Hi Trevor
I saw you at the Ilve booth. What do you think?

M.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here