Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Review of Bertazzoni 30" Gas Range

Posted by BluCasetta (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 22:26

We have now had our Bertazzoni range for just under 2 months. We are so happy with our choice. We chose the Master Series A304 GGV XS.

I have really put the range through a bit. We've cooked omelets and stir-fries, made everything from beef/Guinness stew (where I had to sear the beef over high heat) to hollandaise sauce -- and the cooktop has performed extremely well and nothing has been scorched or underdone.

The oven has also been a treat to use. I've made casseroles and baked goods that come out evenly cooked and browned in every area and I've also broiled and roasted meats, which come out seared and juicy. Lots of "pros" about this range... seriously, given our restrictions on depth, we could not be happier.

If you decide to go with a Bertazzoni, two things to know that may be "cons" for you: a) make sure to get the oven professionally installed. It must be level and there are thermocouplers and other things for safety and switchoffs that need to be connected; and b) the oven is smaller than American ones, so just be prepared that you may not be able to cook the world's biggest turkey. Also, it does not have a self clean option. I haven't needed to use one; just a "Sham Wow," a "Mr Clean Eraser" and some water have worked fine on all my spills.

Oh, lastly -- you will need an oven thermometer (mine cost a whopping $7). :) Although the dial gives you 25 degree temperature increments, the temperature gauge is old school (preheat, medium, hot on the dial really doesn't get you precision!). So you will want that in addition to your purchase.

I love my Berta. I've had Viking, Bosch and Thermador ranges and I'd take my Berta over any of them... at least for now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Review of Bertazzoni 30" Gas Range

great review, thanks for posting.
I cook stuffed turkey all the time-the oven would fit a 10-12lb fine ?

o
RE: Review of Bertazzoni 30" Duel Fuel Range

I have owned a duel fuel bertazzoni range for 3 years. Here's my problem: There is a loud overwhelming cooling fan that runs continually during any oven cooking mode. It is annoying and drowns out the television in the kitchen and any conversation is impossible. On several occasions the cooling fan does not shut off even when the oven is off and cool. The solution has been to unplug the oven which is difficult due to the weight of moving it or go into the garage and turn the power breaker off and on again. The seal has leaked around the double glass panes on door thus moisture and streaks are noticeable between the glass. Not happy with this over priced high end oven. I've had it 3 years and it going out the door. Does not seem to bake evenly. Some cookies are very brown while others not. Very disappointing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here