Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Insinkerator Hot Water Dispenser

Posted by jenni_ca (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 21, 12 at 22:24

We have a Insinkerator Hot Water dispenser. I discovered yesterday that it was leaking where the heating element went into the tank. Not a lot, but I guess it had been leaking for awhile.
We purchased it when we did a kitchen remodel in 2007.
They are under warranty for three years.
Before I went out and bought a replacement I called Insinkerator to ask if by chance replacement parts were available.
Nope, don't even make this model anymore.
The nice gal on the phone said, 'but here's what we are willing to do for you" I thought ok they are going to offer me a discount on a new unit.
Nope, they are sending out a brand new tank. They aren't sending the faucet, just the tank. Which is fine cause there is nothing wrong with the faucet part.
This unit cost $258.00 five years ago!
What great customer service! Replacing a 5 yr old unit, that is not under warranty....for free.
Shipped it Fed Ex today!
Needless to say, I am very pleased with Insinkerator!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Insinkerator Hot Water Dispenser

Great customer service. Adding to my short list for our insta hot solution.

o

I had great service with them too after my GC burned up my tank. They actually had a knowledgeable person available to help troubleshoot on a weekend. The guy they eventually had to send out was great.

Of course when my faucet started to not turn off and I'd really lost all paperwork (no date sticker on the faucet like the tank), I repaired it based on...Amazon reviews. They got some crazy users there, detailing their faucet repair!

I liked the ISE product a lot, was impressed by the customer service, and they've apparently redone the one faucet that failed me and many Amazon users.

o

Isn't that a pleasant change from the usual!? Good for ISE!

o

It sure is!
How many companies will replace something that is two years out of warranty.
Insinkerator is the only one I have encountered.

o

I'm glad to hear about the service you got. My daughter had a problem with her new unit almost 10 years ago. I never would consider one. Somewhere I read reviews where people really dissed them. Because of that and my daughters problems, when the Kitchenaid HW dispenser that was in our home when we bought it failed,I got another (fancier) Kitchenaid. I know the Whirlpool corp hasn't got the reputation of the old Kitchenaid stuff but I took a chance. Too bad my daughter's husband just gave up on theirs and they have gotten almostr no use out of it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here