Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone recommend a good electric range with grill?

Posted by lavender_lass (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 27, 12 at 22:18

We live on a farm, with no access to gas lines...so no gas appliances. We could do propane, but would rather not. So, electric seems to be the best choice, at least for now.

So, can anyone recommend a good (or even great) electric range, with grill? We'd like to have at least one oven and the ability to broil. There's enough room to have an electric range, up to 48" wide, but not necessary. There will be a separate wall oven, in the baking area.

Also, we'd like to get a larger vent/hood (larger than whatever size range we find) so that my husband can use his deep fryer and not smoke up the house! Same thing goes for the grill and broiler, too :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone recommend a good electric range with grill?

I could only find one 40" range with a grille at AJmadison, and it was a coiltop. I would get an induction range and a seperate grille. AJMadison has a couple of Mieles and a Wolf that look nice.

o

Lavender_Lass, have you considered or explored if you can you do liquid propane tank? If so, there are a number of dual fuel ranges to choose from. Here is a link with examples.
Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: ranges

o

If your house is like my friend's who live rurally, electric power is not reliable. Hence having a propane cooktop is not such a bad idea.

o

Thank you for the responses...and Clarygrace...thanks for the link :)

Actually, our electric is pretty reliable. If our power goes out, it's usually out for most of the area, due to ice storms or other severe weather. Also, an above ground propane tank is really not appealing. We have hunters and bad drivers (one just hit our house a few months ago) and I cringe at the thought of one, shooting/hitting the propane tank.

That being said...I've found some nice electric ranges online, mainly from the UK. Here are a few Rangemasters that would be great (although a bit bigger than I need) but they would fit in the space. I was hoping maybe some of you could recommend something similar...a bit closer to home :)

From Fairy tale cottage

From Fairy tale cottage

o

Just FYI, they can bury the LP tank. Usually the way it's done when they reach a certain size, or to get the ugly thing out of sight.
Casey

o

Thank you for the ideas, but we really don't want propane. Any other electric range suggestions?

o
Bump

Still hoping to see some recommendations for electric range with grill. Thank you :)

o

Jenn-Air has a modular unit that has two burners, downdraft and a grill. Have you looked at the Miele combi modules? Not a range but you can configure as needed and then add an electric oven.

http://www.mieleusa.com/products/models.asp?cat=3&subcat=12&menu_id=10&oT=41&active=Our Products&subm=Home Appliances&thirdL=Cooking Products&fourthL=Combisets&

The range ur looking for doesn't seem to be popular - just like the induction range I want (pro look, color options) - only options are European (not really an option) or the Viking.

Good luck with your search.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jenn-Air Range

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here