Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Professional Grade Range

Posted by Shomphe (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 11, 12 at 22:01

I am looking to purchase a professional grade range for my kitchen renovation. We are looking for the built in griddle with 4 gas burners. Size wise we would like to stick to 36" but our cabinets are not ordered yet so a little flexibility. Our budget is in the low $5000 range. Our local appliance store had a JennAir and DCS brand with a $1200 free dishwasher which would be a great deal. Not sure on the quality though. My parents have a Viking and we love it but it is a bit out of our price range. My family owns a breakfast restaurant so the griddle is essential as we love to cook on it. I looked at the GE Cafe series but the drop in griddle didn't do it for me so we up'd our budget (in hopes for a deal like the free dishwasher to help with the price). Any suggestions would be great. Pros and cons of any brands in this price range would be helpful. thanks!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Professional Grade Range

We just had installed the Kenmore Pro Dual Fuel 30" range this past week. Used it for the first time this weekend. Performed perfectly and I totally love it. It has 4 burners with a "bridge" burner for the griddle. It is not a built in griddle but the griddle is included and you set it on the the bridge. Didn't use that yet. Baked cookies and the oven maintained a perfect temperature.
I wanted a professional looking range in the $4-5,000 range. I believe this one sells for $3,800 and they do make a 36" for $5,100. Sears does offer promos where you can save an extra 10% on Friends and Family nights and an extra 5% by putting on a Sears credit card.
I am really happy with the performance and the looks of this range.
We did not do the installation ourselves...had the electrician do it. Works perfectly.
Good luck in your search.

o
RE: Professional Grade Range

DCS would be a good choice. There are a number of pleased DCS owners on this forum like myself and it has a great simmer on all the burners!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here