Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wolf 48 inch range repair issues

Posted by nerd (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 21:52

I had decided on a wolf DF 48 inch range for our new kitchen when a builder friend of ours told us that in his experience the models needed to e repaired quite often. Has anyone experienced repair issues with these? I'm all set to pull the trigger but my husband thinks we should look at other brands.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wolf 48 inch range repair issues

All brands have lemons and people who buy ~$14k ranges that turn out to be lemons tend to write a lot more angry post and tell more friends that people who are happy with their ~$14K range.

There is no secret brand known only to GW members that is perfect or near perfect.

You tend to hear more complaints about Wolf/Subzero relative to how good its brand reliability is because Wolf/Subzero have a very large market share.

I bought Capital because IMO the quality/service is as good as it gets in the industry just like Wolf but has better performance/options overall.

I would look at the all gas Capital Culinarian with self clean oven with motorized rotisserie.

o
RE: Wolf 48 inch range repair issues

The Wolf DF is probably one of the most trouble free appliances. There may have been something but I can't recall anyone on this forum having problems with Wolf Df. There has been an occasional problem with a wall oven or even the Ag but Wolf has great service if you would have problems. They are known for standing behind their products. I would ask your friend what the specifics of problems were. I would search any other brands you consider on this forum to get an idea of how the service is.

I have the Wolf DF and love it. IMO, the oven is the best you can get in a range. You can load it up and the dual convection fans with the third and fourth elements keep everything baking very evenly. It also has the various cooking modes. I also love the burners. They can go from extremely low to high enough to sear steaks well. Check out the terms of the warranty for any brand you are considering. We had a very bad experience with another range and bought Wolf in part because of their reputation and have been very happy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here