Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Retail Vs. Real Gaggenau Pricing

Posted by dutty (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 29, 12 at 21:30

OK... one more Gagg thread. :)

I've seen posts about retail pricing of the Gagg Combi being so high BUT does anyone ever get a Gagg discounted? Is it fantasy land to think that Gaggenau isn't flying off the shelves and maybe someone might want to dump one or two. My goodness, they are sooooo expensive but I want one soooo bad!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Retail Vs. Real Gaggenau Pricing

...is this what you are looking for?

Here is a link that might be useful: gaggenau combi steam oven

o

The price is fixed for current generation oven brand new in box from authorized retailer. If they sell below set price they can lose their account.

Damaged box,floor model,scratch-n-dent,and previous generation they can work with you on price.

Non-authorized retailers sometimes get their hands on them but no 5 year warranty.

o

The EBay listing says that warranties still apply.

Could it be true?

o

Gaggenau has been very clear for several years now. They don't warranty internet sales.

Call Gagg if you want to clarify.

o

OK... good to know about the internet sales thing. Wow. They really must be the sh*t, or think they are, if they don't even allow their dealers to discount!! Seems crazy to me.

I won't buy from Ebay for these ovens; they're too expensive to not know where/how they came to possess them. Hmmm...

o

Pretty much all high-end manufacturers do this. Minimum retail pricing. Miele, Gagg, Rolex, Breitling, Montblanc, etc.

o

I bought the 30" combi-steam and the 30" convection oven from a local appliance dealer. The first was there demo model, hardly used and the second was a two year old floor model, never used. Apparently they change them every two years. I paid under $5000. for each which is a lot less than retail (I am in Canada and prices are much higher here for most appliances.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here