Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weird question about GE fridge

Posted by macmomma (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 21:13

I understand the GE Cafe™ 20.7 Cu. Ft. Counter-Depth French-Door Refrigerator (CFCP1NIZSS) is made by Samsung. Here's my question. I looked at a Samsung FD fridge yesterday, and the bottom/main freezer drawer had a plastic divider that was screwed into the freezer. It had to be unscrewed to move or remove it. That is unacceptable to me--I can just see things dripping down in that screw hole and rotting there. I've found it very difficult to actually see many of these models in person, and most of the pictures don't go into the kind of detail that would inform me about a screw issue! Does anyone have this GE fridge, and does the divider screw in?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weird question about GE fridge

The GE manual is available on-line. It says you can lift out the freezer drawers. The link is below.

Made by Samsung? Please share where you got that info. I ask because, AFAIK, GE was outsourcing to LG up until last year, and that led to very serious quality control problems. ("Serious" meaning a 25% defect rate on fridges delivered to consumers according to Consumer Reports annual surveys.) I had no idea they also were outsourcing production to Samsung.

I do know that the dreadful QC on the LG units was part of the reason that GE brought production back to US and opened a new production at its Louisville, KY facility last June. I thought the current crop of GE fridges was all supposed to be coming from there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Manual for CFCP1N fridge

o

Oh, dear, JWVIdeo--I can't remember where I read about Samsung/ge--and I'm so cross-eyed from this whole shopping experience I could very well have made a mistake. Your post is helpful because I was looking at LG--maybe now I wont. Also, I looked again at the screw issue in the Samsung, and I think I can work around it.

o

I finally made a decision on our appliances today. I too, was looking at both the LG and Samsung originally but I have two friends who both own the Samsung and have had nothing but problems with them. They loved the look of the LED lighting and other features of the Samsung and both are now sorry. I do think that no matter what brand you buy you can get a lemon and all you can do is research and then make the best informed decision with the info you have. Good luck with whatever you go with.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here