Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recent Viking Range Installs/Owners

Posted by MichelleDT (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 6, 12 at 21:08

I am obsessed with getting a red range for my pantry/prep kitchen. My preference is an induction range. Right now the only option is Viking unless GW can convince Trevor to import the Falcon ranges Dodge found from the UK. ;-)

If you have recently purchased and installed a Viking induction or electric range, would you kindly provide feedback on your experience - pros/cons. This girl is not cheap and reviews are not positive but I believe they are older.

I have reached out to Viking as well with a list of concerns.

Thanks.

Michelle

PS. I found two local powder coat shops that will powder coat a Frigidaire hybrid induction range for me and cheap but it doesn't have the "look".

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recent Viking Range Installs/Owners

Michelle - I recently had Viking drama, albeit, gas and not electric, but it turned out okay, so far.

I'd be very interested in reading any response you receive from Viking about your concerns.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchens Forum - Viking is a lemon right out of the box!

o

@Sugar - I am following your thread and am anxious to hear your experiences as time goes by.

I wil share any response I get.

Cheers,

M

o

SugarCookies,

Viking product support did respond and I have a call with them tomorrow at 10. Will let you know.

Everything working OK today?

Cheers,

M

o

Well...they said they would call today and never did so I must assume they don't care about this $8K sale.

I guess I will look at another gas or duel fuel unit for the pantry. Intrigued by the SMEG or Bertas - the look without the price.

M

o

There are a lot of Viking Induction ranges on the net and most are way less than >7grand, alto I don't recall the size you are looking for. Some I found around $5600 for a 30 inch. The Viking is BY FAR, the best looking induction range available in the US, alto that Falcon Blows it away--(Those Lucky Euros).

If you decide to go with gas, there is a post about Jade Ranges, so you may wanna have a look see at them too.

Try Goggling Viking and your zip code, Maybe there's a better dealer not that far away from you?

Good luck on the "Continuing Quest"!

Gary

o

Sorry to hear you are having troubles get a response out of Viking ...But if I were you I would try the distributor ..If they are anything like mine , Viking is their only product line and their showroom mgr very responsive to any questions ...And after talking to their service dept i feel they are equally responsive....I had my doubts about Viking before spending two days at their location talking to them , cooking with them and getting to know them on a first name basis..They sold me on Viking and I placde my order for the racing red induction range which should arrive in a couple of weeks ...

o

And just to clarify , I did mean distributor and not dealer from whom I purchased from ...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here