Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spikendeb82

There and back again..choosing reno appliances

spikendeb82
11 years ago

I figured I better sign up and get posting here on GW in order to pay forward all the fantastic information I've gleaned here over the last month.

When we started looking at replacements for all our major kitchen appliances, the first salesperson we encountered put together a KA package of FD fridge, 30" Wall Oven and Dishwasher along with a Dacor 36" gas cooktop, Panasonic Micro/Conv. and a 36" hood ( can't recall the brand) The "contractor" price was pretty reasonable...but of course I started doing some homework and things took off in other directions!

Along the way and many more stores later we have explored most all the brands, "kicked tires" so-to-speak and have done our best to figure out the pricing in spite of retailers being coy about the actual purchase price for individual pieces.

At one point we went so far as to fall in love with the Miele Wall Oven and Speed Oven combo and Wolf range-top, only to realize that a 25,000 dollar kitchen was not in the cards right now since we may look to move in a few years time. Getting back to reality we have decided to try and walk that fine line between stuff we will love and trust but which will fall somewhere in the "sweet-spot" budget and reliability-wise. At least that's what we are shooting for.

At this point we have asked for a quote on two packages....#1 includes the much praised Electrolux Wall Oven and Speed Oven combination plus a DCS 36" cooktop, Broan Hood, KA FD Fridge and Miele Futura Dimension Dishwasher.....#2 option would substitute a Jenn Air Wall Oven and Micro/Conv. unit in place of the Elux pair. I suspect, based on what I've read here on GW that some will question the wisdom even considering the JA units in the second option but my wife just loves their look and feel.

I look forward to all comments and questions and regardless of where we wind-up, I will be sure to post the results over time to help others tackle their own journey in appliance land!

Comments (5)