Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I meant cooktop not countertop!

Posted by wallycat (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 2, 12 at 20:29

I am seeing several specific (whirlpool, ge, etc.) cleaners for induction.
Curious if you purchased anything special or just use mild dish soap and water/rag.
Also, if you use countertop spray (like Method or Simple Green) do you forsee this as being a problem?

DH installed our new cooktop yesterday and it is actually so pretty it makes the icky countertops we are ready to rip out, liveable.

Thanks for any feedback.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I meant cooktop not countertop!

Dish soap on a sponge...Windex on a paper towel...dish cloth on boiled over pasta water...whatever. It's glass and not at all delicate.

Okay, pasta water doesn't leave it looking all that good once it dries. :) Windex does, though!

o

Mild dish soap. That's what we use for most of the household cleaning. Rags rather than anything fancy. Make sure you really clean any grease that might be on it, or it'll smear, and then it's a bit of a pain to get sparkly. Some folks swear by microfiber.

So...liveable enough to live with them awhile longer?

o

Thank you all for replies.

We really wanted to purchase the Beech big-slab-o-wood to make the island counter (where the cooktop is) but beech is not available in Seattle and no idea when it is to arrive.
If it arrives, we will schlep the 2 hours and bring it home.
If they never get it again, not sure what we will do.
I just do not like granite and hate tile even more (sadly, the previous owners did granite tile *sob* ).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here