Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rate my appliance package

Posted by arsenalfan (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 14, 12 at 20:26

Interested in everyone's feedback on our appliance package in terms of quality/value/pricing. Tear away!

Viking 36" 6 burner NG rangetop VGRT536BSS - $2962
Broan E6036SS Hood 600 CFM motor $1081
Broan MD8T make up damper $99
KitchenAid KBF042FTX Refrigerator $6148 (panel ready) $5999 (Stainless)
Backup fridge: Amana ABB2224WEW $1013
DW Miele G55055C DWTC $1699
Double ovens: Electrolux EI30EW45JS $2699
Microwave: KA KBMS1454SSS $989
Beverage Center: Marvel MPRO6GARMBSL $1710
Clothes Washer: Whirlpool WFW9550WW $789
Clothes Dryer: Whirlpool WED9550WW $789
Pedastals for each = $192 x 2
Delivery/Uncrate = $415
Total pretax: $20576

Notes: Main refrig is undecided. I don't like KA curved handles else I'd be fine with the $5999 stainless! The KA with panels will be ~$7000 after paneling; for $1000 more I could be swayed to go to the SZ/Viking product. I had been under the impression that a panel-ready refrig would be cheaper than SS, but am wrong. We don't NEED 2 compressor SZ action (we shop 2-3x per week by choice, no stinky foods really, have a backup fridge if things go wrong, no need for the "name" since not selling soon or impressing anyone). But man, for $1k more, I'm tempted to say why not.

For the second refrig, we just wanted a solid backup fridge for the pantry, hence the Amana.

We are having our GC price out some basic cabinetry pedastals to see if he can beat $192 x 2.

Be interested in everyone's thoughts on value for money/alternatives; $20k is in our price range. We have not done in-depth reviews on the clothes W/D, beverage center, oven-door style MW. Thank you in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rate my appliance package

$989 seems way too high for a MW. I'd skip the Viking rangetop and get a more reliable brand - Bluestar, Capital, Wolf, DCS for example.

o
RE: Rate my appliance package

Take a look at Perlick for your beverage center. It will cost a little more than the Marvel, but is exponentially better in quality

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here